Chapter 2

Chapter 2
She lay in bed dreading to awake. Getting up was always hard for her especially from the pills she took every night. Her eyes were closed while her mind was racing thinking of the AP exam she had this morning.

She opened her eyes squinting from the light escaping through the blinds. Lethargically she threw the covers off of her placing her feet on the fluffy carpet. She looked at her toes noticing the chipped pink nail polish making sure she remembered to do them after school.

Her phone on the nightstand buzzed, her alarm going off. Grace turned it off making her way to her bathroom getting ready. She had on her usual mandatory school uniform with her kinky hair pulled back. She was grateful her school had a uniform, it eased the stress of picking out an outfit everyday.

Before leaving her room she neatly made her bed making sure everything was in place exiting her bedroom. Her backpack weighed on her as she descended the steps welcomed by the sight of her mother reading a book in the living room. Probably one of those five keys to happiness sorta thing, Grace would know because of the many that filled the bookshelves.

"Good morning mom," Grace greeted as she grabbed a granola bar already late to school.

Her mother took off her reading glasses getting up, "good morning sweetie, your leaving already?"

Grace grabbed her keys off of the table heading for the door, "yeah, I'm already late."

Her mother walked over to her seeing Grace had already opened the door, "ok well, have a good day at school...I love you."

Grace knew her parents were worried about her but she didn't understand why, she was perfectly fine, just trying to cope with everything. Her mother would always have this look in her eyes when she looked at her that Grace despised the most. Pity.

She sighed, "I know mom, I'll see you later."
~~
Grace felt eyes on the back of her head as she glided through the hall, it had always been like this. Of course, after she started dating Hansel. It was quite a pleasant surprise, no more pushing her way to get through or her hair being pulled.

When they saw her coming they would part like the Red Sea. She didn't really have friends just occasional people that she'd  say a 'hi' or 'can I see your notes' to. But she was fine with that, she liked being alone. It left her with her thoughts, and left her less people to please.

She entered the library silence hitting her as she found a deserted table at the back close to the Windows. That was the best spot. It was always warm back there and was separated from the other parts of the library.

As she slumped in a seat her mind trailed to the AP world history exam she took knowing for sure she failed it unless miraculously, all the question she picked by closing her eyes and bubbling a random answer in were right. She groaned thinking of how stacked her courses were this semester.

Grace was doing this all for him, the little pact they made the year before lingered in her mind, her gaze shifting to the seat next to the window. That was were he always sat. Once again she was thinking about Hansel, and the way his eyes twinkled when he looked at her or the way he smiled with those beautiful lips.

Her pre-calculus book was open as well as her chemistry notebook, she was trying to multi-task. They were seated at the back of the library seeking refuge from the cold classrooms in the warm nook. Hansel was sitting next to her, not studying though. She always wondered how he had straight A's yet she had never seen him open a book.

Grace knew he was a very smart boy, the way words flowed off of his tongue and his inquisitive remarks surprised her at first. He was so humble about it too, never showing people how intelligent he was, but she liked it. She liked knowing she was the only one who knew he was a brainiac.

She looked up at him from her books moving a strand of hair from her face. His feet were up on the window sill as he looked out of the window his eyes pensive. She loved it when he did this, but only wished she could see what was going on in that mind of his.

He returned his gaze to his girlfriend his face serious. She smiled curious of what he was about to say.

He grabbed her hands pulling her into him her hand resting on his chest. He rubbed the back of her palm looking at her, his eyes searching hers, "I want to be with you for the rest of my life sweetheart, and I mean it."

She nodded accustomed to this, he always told her how serious he was about her. Those little comments warmed her heart knowing the love they shared wasn't unrequited. 

"I don't want to apart from you longer than I should."

She nodded unsure of what he was getting at.

"I think you should graduate early next year with me. We can go to college together bambina."

She looked at him unsure if he knew how much work was required and how many hours of community service she needed.
"Hansel..."

"Just think about it, we can get an apartment off of campus and live together. Take this relationship to the next level. I don't want to leave you Next year Gracie."

His head was nuzzled in the crook of her neck his words coming out mumbled. She knew she loved him, so much; and she would do anything for him in a heartbeat.

"Ok."

He turned to her surprised, "huh?"

Grace rolled her eyes a playful smile on her lips, "I said o-"

he cut her off by kissing her sweetly on the lips pulling away gently, they both smiled.

He held out his pinky as Grace smiled broadly linking both their pinkies, "I love you."

Graced leaned in placing her forehead on his, "and I'm never letting go."
~~
Dolcezza-sweetie/sweetness
Bambina-baby
~~~
I think I've decided to go along with this version. I'm sorry to all of you who liked my old book but there's good news, I'll keep it up for the next week them I'm deleting them.

Tell me what you think about these new chapters in the comments!

Vote

Comment

Share &

Follow me