Chapter 1

Chapter 1
Dear Hansel,
The first time I met you.

You leaned against my locker a cigarette in your hand. The hallways were empty, I was late for class.

My hands were sweaty as I slowly approached you.

In the corner of your eye I saw you glance my way then take a slow drag form the cigarette in your hand.

The closer I neared you the more nervous I became. I mean you were Hansel Mancini. The school's bad boy.

There I stood ten feet away from you as you exhaled the smoke.

I coughed, the toxic air filling my lungs my books slipped from my hands spilling everywhere. I bent down picking them up when I noticed your hand making contact with one of my books.

I quickly stood up seeing which one you had, embarrassment washing over me. The sappy romance book dangled form your finger tips as you smirked reading the cover.

You looked at me our eyes connecting, butterflies invading my stomach. Your eyebrows raised before you began walking backwards. I clutched the cross that rested on my neck my eyes pleading. But you didn't stop walking, quickly giving me a wink before turning around.

You were such a flirt.

From the mischievous glint In your eyes, I knew I wasn't getting that book back.

I miss you.

I'll see you in my dreams my sweet prince.

Love,
Grace
~~
She dropped her pen gazing at the piece of paper, the neat words decorating it. She sighed thinking about him, she didn't know why she did this to herself, it only made her long for him even more. But she knew she couldn't see him now, at least. Her eyes darted across the room to the romance book that lay on her dresser a smile making its way on her face.

Her fingers expertly glided along the paper before she folded it and grabbed an envelope from the drawer of her desk. She delicately placed the folded letter in the envelope licking the flap before pressing it shut. Scribbling something on the front of the letter she placed a small kiss on the packaged letter before retracting from her previous spot.

Grace twisted the lamp switch watching as darkness swarmed her spacious room. The journey down the stairs had her peeking her head down below making sure her parents were in bed asleep. Once she observed it was clear she placed the envelope on the study desk where she usually put it every night knowing her mom would mail it the next day.

Her feet padded across the hardwood floor to the Medicine cabinet pulling out her sleeping pills. She twisted open the child safety cap as she shook two pills out. Her eyes lingered on the white pills for a moment before she swallowed them dry. Those sleeping pills were the only way she was be able to rest. The turmoil of Hansel's comatose left her in shock, and for many nights she lay awake restless her mind going at a hundred miles per hour.

She pulled her thin robe closer to her as she ascended up the stairs slowly looking at the various family pictures along the stairwell wall. They all looked so happy, like an actual family. She missed her brothers, but all of them were off in college and at their jobs carrying along with their lives. Before she envied them, wanting escape for this collapsing household.

As she arrived at the last step she looked as her father closed the door of the room her parents shared, or so she thought. He groggily made his way across the hallways as grace slowly backed away making sure she wasn't seen. She watched as he opened one of her brothers bedroom disappearing behind the door. At the back of her mind she knew how bad things were getting but this only confirmed her suspicions.

Once she made it up to her room she pulled of her robe unclasping her bra. She burrowed herself In her Creme colored duvet her head resting on the satin covered pillow case getting comfortable, closing her eyes, welcoming sleep needing an escape from reality.

She dreamed, dreamed of him. Those blue eyes were all she could focus on, she felt like she was truly seeing him when she gazed up at those beautiful irises. What she loved about her dreams was how real they felt and how much they comforted her.

She felt whole once again, she felt safe.

~~~
So this is the first chapter, I am feel more confident goi g with this rewrite version.

But what do yo guys think?

Let me know in the comment see you soon royalties!

Vote

Comment

Share &

Follow me