Bonus Chapter- A fresh start

Start from the beginning

I walked out of the restroom and into my room to get changed. Since today was thanksgiving I thought I should at least dress into something other than my pajamas. I wore black skinny jeans with a white shirt and a red flannel on top. To top it all off I put on a necklace and some white vans and messed with my hair a bit to make it more presentable considering that it had gotten longer. I walked downstairs and was pleasantly surprised to see the kids awake, curled up on the couch watching TV. I went into the kitchen where I saw Tay making food for the kids. I grabbed a mug out of the cupboard and grabbed juice out of the fridge.

"Morning Kellin." She said.

"Morning." I replied back, pouring the juice into my cup.

"It looks like it might rain today." She said staring outside the window in our kitchen.

"Maybe later today, I don't think it'll rain this early in the morning." I said.

"I'm gonna be out in the front if you need me." I said giving her a hug and going to the front.

Before I went outside, I searched for my book that was placed on the dinning room table. I sat down on the porch where we had a little swing attached to it. I began to read my book and sip my drink as the faint sound of cars were heard. It was a very quiet day in our neighborhood and the silence made me feel calm. Every once in a while a person would walk by with a significant other or just by themselves.

I heard someone fumbling with our mail box and automatically assumed it was my mom.

"Hey mom, why are you home so early?" I asked not looking away from my book.

"Wow didn't know your mom was a man." I heard that oh so familiar voice that made a wave of memories come back. I looked up and slowly closed my book, still in shock.

"Well are you gonna stare at me or come hug me?" Justin joked with his arms wide open.

I let out a little squeal as I jumped up and ran across the lawn then jumped into his arms. I snuggled my face into his neck as I cried a bit considering I hadn't seen him in months.

"Aw no tears kells." He hushed me as he rubbed my back with one hand so the other was still holding me.

"I'm sorry I just m-missed you." I said pulling away and getting down from him so I could wipe away my tears.

"I missed you too." He smiled and tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"Oh and I got your mail, there's one for you." He said handing me an envelope from SDSU.

"Oh my god." I said pulling it away from him.

He rested his hands on my shoulder and looked over my shoulder before whispering, "you can do it."

I ripped open the letter and read the words on the paper. I read them over and over again but this time it wasn't like I was reliving a nightmare. I turned to Justin and he had a hopeful look on his face.

"I got in!" I yelled jumping up and down.

"Oh my god, really?!" He yelled pulling the paper out of my hands, reading over the printed letters.

"I'm so proud of you!" He said wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into a hug. I grabbed his hand and ran into the house with him and ran into the kitchen.

"Hey Kellin! Oh Justin it's so nice to see you! How's-"

"I got in!" I yelled.

"What?!" She screamed pulling the paper away from me.

"Oh my god Kellin this is great! I'm so proud of you!" She yelled hugging me while jumping in excitement.

I felt completely content with life right now, I had one of my bestfriends back for a while, I got accepted into college, and I made amends with someone who I thought I was going to hate for the rest of my life.