Back at Home

Lily pov
"Albus! ALBUS! Mom is calling you!"

"Ok ok I'm coming! Jeez!"

Albus said. He went to go help mom with the laundry while Lilly and I got ready to go to Mrs.Molly Weasley's tomorrow. Albus is excited because apparently Hugo is going to be there too. Hugo is the same age as us but he plays with Albus more than us because we are girls. Albus hates being the only boy ever since James left so he is happy that he gets to spend some time with him.

James sent us a letter about how his first day at Hogwarts was.

Dear Lily,
How are you, Lilly, Albus, and Mom doing?
I hope you are all well.
I am doing very good.
My first day here was great.
I got lesson from dad today and it was awesome.
I have some friends, Josh Harrison, Nora Nakamoto, and of course Mei.
Give mum, Albus, and Lilly dad's and my love.

Love,
James Sirius Potter

I read his letter to mum, Lilly, and Albus. Lilly decided she will write a letter back to him. Lilly left to go get Hedwig. She wrote the letter but showed it to me before she sent it. It said,

Dear James,
It's good to hear that you are doing well.
We are all doing fine.
Lily and I can't wait to join you at Hogwarts.
It's nice that you have already made some new friends.
Tell dad we love and miss him.

Love,
Lilliana Nymphadora Potter

I nodded and she tied the letter to Hedwig. Hedwig then flew out the window toward the clear blue sky.

--Later that Day--

We are at Molly's with Hugo. Albus had gone somewhere with Hugo and Lilly and I were playing with dolls in the living room. Uncle Ron and Aunt Lavender were there too. They aren't related to us but we still call them Uncle and Aunt. They had left their daughter Rose, with Aunt Lavender's parents. We were all just hanging around doing our own thing and mom was resting at home.

Soon Mrs.Molly Weasley came in announcing that lunch was ready. Lunch was oven-baked Chicken and Fried sweet Potatoes. Mrs.Molly Weasley asked if had heard anything from Dad and James lately. Lilly nodded and she said

"Yup, James said that he made a lot of friends..."

"And loved his first lesson with dad."

I finished. Molly smiled at that and said

"Well, you two will also be going to Hogwarts in no time with Hugo, and Albus will follow you three with Rose."

We smiled and Uncle Ron looked at me and said

"Lilly, do you know how I never get you two mixed up?"

And I said

"No, but you got it wrong again Uncle Ron. I'm Lily. That's Lilly."

His ears turned bright pink as Lilly and I both laughed. It was interesting because we both had similar names just in Lilly's name everyone said Lilly, emphasizing the second L. Everyone, even Uncle Ron did that. The only people who didn't do that were mum, dad, Mrs.Molly Weasley, James, and Albus.

Lilly pov

Mum talked to Lily and I about her new schedule that dad told her to stick to. She was going to work, staying home with us, and getting rest. And while she is not home, we were to go to Mrs.Molly Weasley's house to spend the day. We were OK with that because Mrs.Molly Weasley is like a second mother to us and her house is like our second home.

And we were all happy that we had heard good news from both James and Dad. We couldn't wait to get the next letter. I want to go to Hogwarts already so badly but I must wait a few more years before Lily and I can join James at Hogwarts. I heard about the houses and that he became a Gryffindor. I am so happy for him because I knew that he realy wanted to be a Gryffindor.

Lily and I don't really want to be Gryffindors as much as James and Albus do. We are more like mum. We are bookworms and love to learn new things. I think Lily wants to too but I want to be in Ravenclaw where all the smart people are. I think I will fit in just fine. But like Albus and James was afraid of, Lily and I hate Slytherin. We don't want to be in Hufflepuff either. We think it's lame. We have our hearts set on Ravenclaw or Gryffindor.

I miss James already, and I can tell Lily does too. We can communicate with each other by just looking at each other. But I don't think anyone is as lonely as Albus after James left. James was the ultimate older brother. Though he acted like a jerk sometimes, he protected us from bullies that said we were freaks when we still could not control our magic. He could better than us so he was able to stop them without using magic.

We all know a little magic. Lily knows how to cast spells silently and I know all the interesting spells like Sectumsempra and Levicorpus. We both know the other ones like Stupefy, Expelliarmus, and Protego. And Lily and I both can do Expecto Patronum! Lily's is a Deer, and mine is a Heron. We all learn magic a little early because we can't wait! But we can't use wands unless under mom or dad's supervision.

I hope James writes back to us soon and I hope we also get a letter from Dad. We all miss the two of them a lot, but I still can't wait to find out more about what Hogwarts is like! I want to go so badly already. I wish I was there with him making new friends, attending dad's class. I bet it's loads of fun. James is having loads of fun without us. I hope he comes back for the winter holidays with dad though.

A/N
Sorry if it seems stretched. I struggled to make this a decent length. I didn't want to make this chappie too short. Anyway please comment and vote!

~Kohaku✌🏻