Chapter 15

Chapter 15:

Ashton's POV

I AWAITED FOR MY LOVE TO COME TO ME AT THE PICNIC, but she never showed. And sadly, she was already two hours late. I knew how girls liked to try their best to look perfect and apply a good amount of makeup on. The sunset began to set as did my hope. Why would she stand us up, was it because she was friends with those hunters and she knew I was a wolf? Or maybe...she didn't want us. No. Our mate wants us, she will come. She will come, be patient, said Rafa. I listened to him. I picked up a small grain of grass and threw it down to the ground. The setting of the sun turned into the rising of the moon and I was done waiting. I knocked over all of the candles and food and ran into the woods. I stripped out of my clothes and let my bones start cracking, turning into my midnight black wolf.
I ran towards the penthouse that Jordan's little brother was having his party at. I might as well have went there, Jordan's little brother was like my little brother. I couldn't lie at the moment, my heart was somewhat shattered because Elena ditched me. I didn't care if she had a good reason or not, she could've at least called me. I arrived at the penthouse on the beach and transformed back into a human. I always kept an extra pair of clothes on the beach behind the big rock that I nicked named Larry. I got the blue jeans and muscle shirt from behind Larry and changed into them. After that, I slowly walked into the penthouse to see all of Jordan's family sitting at a table. They were just getting ready to eat. I rushed into an empty chair as Christian's eyes lit up with glee. "Ashy you're here!" he yelled.
        "I sure am buddy." I laughed. I looked up to see an awkward looking Sidmin. We met eyes and then he looked down at me. My eyes almost jumped out of their sockets when I saw Christian run to me. He couldn't run, he couldn't walk!
        "Uncle Ashy, Sidmin healed me. He's special." giggled Christian. Sidmin laughed and said, "no I'm not." I looked over to Jordan as he looked at me. I knew he didn't like his mate downing himself, he wanted his mate to be confident. I tapped Sidmin on the shoulder and asked, "have you seen Elena? She was supposed to meet me today."
        "She's with a boy, he-"
        "She's with another guy," I said, interrupting Sidmin.
        "Well technically yes but she's-"
        "I can't believe she would do that to me. That slut." I rose from the table, furious. It was like we couldn't get our relationship together. Why did all of this shit keep happening. I needed to find her.
______________________________________________________________________

Elena's POV

WE STARTED AT CASON'S HOME, WHICH WAS ACTUALLY A FAIRLY LONG walk away from mine. When we got to his home, the windows were boarded down and the front door was locked. I rose a brow to him and asked, "are you sure this is where you live?" He nodded his head a firm yes and looked worried. I grabbed his hand and we both phased through the locked door. I snapped my fingers and all of the candles in the house lit up. Cason showed me to his room downstairs and when we got inside, there laid a rose on the bed. It was red and the center of it looked like a diamond. As I was about to touch it, Cason grabbed my hand.
"Don't touch it." said Cason. His eyes froze and his hands began to shake. "A man gave me this right before the car accident. I touched the bottom of it and something stabbed my hand." I raised the rose up telekinetically to see a small needle.
"The rose must've had some type of drug in it. One that knocks you out and forget your memories." I said. I walked out of this room and into the den. He followed quickly behind me as I came to something that I was getting used to me seeing. There was a picture of me as Elissa, standing with what looked to be like Cason's parents.
"Are you these your parents?" I asked, showing Cason the photo.
"Yes." he replied.
"Did you know the other girl in the picture?"
"All I know is that the other teenage girl disappeared, my parents always talked about it. They said something about watching the town until that girl came back when she was older." said Cason. I picked up the picture frame, feeling that something was off about it. I shook it and i raddled. I took the picture out to find an old newspaper article behind it. I opened it and my eyes went wider than the galaxy itself. I looked up to Cason.  I quickly covered my face with a smile and said, "I think you should look upstairs. See if you can find something up there."
        "Ok?" said Cason. As he went back to upstairs, I looked back at the article.

HALF MOON BAY HUSTLE
MAY 27, 1981

LOCAL TEENAGERS BURN IN CAR ACCIDENT, BODIES STILL LOST.
Teenagers Cason McCarthy and Melissa Paige tragically die in car accident. Police are certain that there is no chance that either of the two could've survived the crash, but the bodies still have not turned up. Is this connected with the Michael's family murders....

Cason was the same age in 1981, why? Werewolves didn't have immortality like vampires did, or at least I didn't think they did. I walked upstairs to see Cason staring at a picture, it must've been Melissa. And what do you know, it was, but it also wasn't. The girl named Melissa in the photo was Sapphire Aimes.
        "You knew Sapphire?" I asked.
        "No one has called her that in ages. How did you know her real name?"
        "Did she say anything about having a sister?" Just as the conversation got deeper, we heard footsteps downstairs. I turned invisible and headed downstairs, quietly. I was shocked to see angered looking Ashton sniff around the house, and then I remembered our date. I turned back visible and said, "I'm sorry, something I unimaginable happened." Ashton didn't even take the angered look off of his face.
        "Do you not know that I waited for you almost two hours, hoping that you would come and just be with me Elena, why can't you see that I am trying here. You kissed me, I kissed you, I asked you out, and now you stand me up. Do you want us to be enemies." asked Ashton.
        "Do you not see what I'm wearing, I was on my way but this guy needed my help."
        "So you ditched me for some guy!?"
        "He thought that he killed someone but I'm starting to think he didn't. I think that someone purposely took Cason's memories and gave him false ones." I said, looking into Ashton's eyes.
        "Cason?"
        "Right here." said Cason, coming downstairs, "sorry for borrowing your girlfriend."
        "I'm not his girlfriend..." I stated.
        "Not yet,"
        Something clicked into my head, someone erased Cason's memories because they knew that Cason knew who the killer was the killed the Michael's. They also knew that somehow, he would get to 2015 and tell me about all of his unfortunate livings. My mind went back to the first day of school when that old lady jumped at me.
        "We need to get back to my neighborhood, I think I know how we can finally solve this and see what's going on with you," I said.
       "I'll drive you guys." Cason practically ran outside to he lime green Ferarri.
      "I'm really sorry." I said.
      "It's ok, this isn't the date I planned but, I can still spend time with you. Even if it is helping some stranger." he said. I kissed him on cheek as we walked to his car.