Chapter 2. Save The Children

Start from the beginning

I could see a blush form on Claara's cheeks "You are forgiven" I responded out of habit. I saw Claara bow towards me a little ashamed "I'll ask to see if your carriage is ready" says Claara as she leaves towards the front. I started placing my delicate red gloves on. I knew the officers had arrived by now because of the commotion happening outside "London, Welcomes me home." I sigh holding my red umbrella.

Claara came back in the room, she looked exhausted, she tried to talk while breathing; however, it didn't go as she hoped for "Claara, take your time. Please do sit down and catch your breath", I could see in Claara's eyes that she didn't want too, but she had no way to say no. I saw her insecurity I move closer to her placing her down on a seat to catch her breath "I know. They are outside taking my suitcases in the carriages" I smile as Claara looks up surprised at me.

She tried to show a sweet innocent smile "Fix everything here. Peter & you can come home" I told her as I was walking towards the exit door. I wasn't thinking of firing the poor boy. Claara probably got the wrong idea because I was in my thoughts for so long today. I sigh preparing myself to go out of the train. When I walk out of my train, the officers stopped what they were doing at once. They look my way taking their hats in the process and saluting me "Lady Von Shrieder" I could listen to my last name being spoken all the way to the heavens.

I walked to the middle of the terminal. They were working around me "Lady Von Shrieder, Welcome back to London!" I look towards the crowd to see none other than an old beggar. I nodded towards him smiling that only made them try to get closer. The guards were starting to get irritated by them; however, they know not to hurt anyone in my presence. The morning sun was at it's highest today. I open my umbrella covering myself from the raises of the sun, that's when my eyes caught him, he was looking at me from the other terminal. I could hardly make out his facial features.

I couldn't make out any other color than black. He was only wearing dark colors with all the commotion. That's all I can manage to see "The carriage is ready" I listen to a far away voice tell me while I walked to the carriages. I kept eye contact with this man. I soon lost interest when I got into the carriage. I will never see that man again, so I shouldn't really let his thoughts bother me.

That's exactly what I did.

I placed the thought of him away from my mind.

Today, as I am back in London. I have a lot of things on my plate.

I was excited to be back home, isn't home the place your family is at?

Maybe, I have missed my family for a long time.

The carriages were moving slowly outside of the terminal. I was looking out the window to all the people there. Some people recognize me and wave my way. Some others went on with their little lives. I sat on the opposite of the carriage. I wanted to see who was driving my carriage this time "Jeremy, is nice to see you again" I smile to myself knowing he was happy. I listen to him laughing happily.