11. "That's what love does to you"

Start from the beginning

“Hey, Megan” he said.

He was calling her Megan? She was always Meg to him! She didn’t like it. It was more than that… She hated it!

“Hello. I’m just going to the car” she said walking between them.

“Wait, Megan. This is Jen, my girlfriend” he said.

She said a “nice to meet you” and walked away.

Megan was so mad, and she didn’t have any right to be. She had told him to get a girlfriend his own age. Now she couldn’t complain.

But she didn’t want to see him making out with that girl! Jen… what a slutty name, right? No, it wasn’t, but she couldn’t help herself.

She went to the car and came back to see everybody saying hello to Jen with a big smile. Even Marty! Oh, no, she was not allowing that! But what could she say without sounding all jealous?

Nothing. She had to control herself.

“Come on! Lunch is ready” Linda said.

Everyone went to sit. Megan and Ryan were the last ones. Ryan stopped her for a minute.

“I knew that you would love Jen. Almost as much as I love Marty” he whispered in her ear. “And I think you would like to know that she is a great lover”

Megan stood there stunned.

She had already supposed that they were sleeping together, she was not that naïve, but she hadn’t expected him to tell her that directly.

She deserved it. Now she knew exactly what he had felt every time she had brought Marty to lunch. What he had felt when she had told him that they had slept together that day.

“I hated that lunch so much” she explained. “Seeing how he would touch her, how he would talk to her. All his attention was on Jen, and it made so jealous that it was hard to control”

“That’s what love does to you” Emma said.

“I know, but I wanted it to end as much and as soon as possible” Megan said. “But it seemed like that feeling would never leave me”

Megan touched her belly.

“It’s still there, you know?” she explained. “The feeling, I mean. It’s still here. And now I have my baby to remember him”

“Don’t you ever think that it’s fate? Maybe it was meant to be. Destiny is telling you to fight for him once and for all” Emma said seriously.

Megan thought about it for a second.

“Nobody knows about your relationship with him. Nobody knows that you love him. Nobody knows that you are pregnant with his baby” Emma continued. “And it’s time for you to tell them”

“But they won’t accept it!” she exclaimed, tears running through her checks again.

“How do you know it? Maybe they do approve”

“And what if I tell them and they don’t? What if all my friends don’t ever talk to me again?” Megan said crying.

“He is now a legal adult, so you are not doing anything illegal. You just have to be brave, sweetie”

She knew it, but it was easy to say it, and hard to do it. She wanted to be brave. She wanted to fight for Ryan, fight for love, but she didn’t think she was strong enough.

“Anyways, we still have time” Emma said.

It was time for Megan to go home.

“I will see you in two days” her doctor said. “Call me if you have any problem”

Megan took the bus to that left her five minutes away from her apartment.

She was starting to believe what Emma had said about fighting for Ryan. Maybe it was about time that she did it. She couldn’t live her whole life based on what others might think.

But it was so scary.

She had just got off the bus when her cell phone rang.

Her mum calling.

“Hello?” she answered.

“Hello, Megan. It’s your mum. Your dad is also here, I’m on speaker” Linda said. “How many months pregnant are you?”

“Only one month” she replied. “Why?”

“You know, your dad knows a good private clinic where you can get an abortion” she said really serious.

“The doctor is a really good friend of mine” Aaron said then. “He also won’t tell a soul; you can be sure of that”

An abortion? No way! She was not doing that! She loved her baby! She wanted to have it. Even with all the complications.

“It will be like it never happened” Linda said.

“You are too young to have a baby” her father continued.

Mum! Dad! Stop! I want this baby!” she exclaimed while arriving at her building’s door. “And I’m not that young! I’m twenty seven years old”

“You haven’t really thought about all the consequences of a baby” Linda said. “It’s not something that you can have one day and forget the next day. It’s something you have to take care of for the rest of your life”

“Believe me, I have thought about everything. And I still want to do it”

Megan went into the elevator. Second floor.

“But you won’t tell the father! That means that you don’t really want it” Linda reasoned.

Second floor. Door half open.

“It means simply that I don’t know how to tell him that I’m pregnant!” Megan exclaimed opening the door and stepping out.

“You are what?!”

Her cellphone fell on the floor.

Her face went blank.

Right there in front of her.

The last person that she wanted to see.

Her baby’s father.

The love of her life.

Ryan.

Hope you liked it!

NEXT UPLOAD: 170 votes! :)