Chloe Drent Pt 2

This is the second part to the Chloe Drent short story.  If you haven't read the first part, I'd suggest you check it out first.  Quick Warning that it's not finished, and might never be.  I do apologize for the abrupt ending, but it wasn't intentional.  If you want complete stories, check out my posted series 'The 24th Hunger Games: The Victor that Started It All' which was posted today as well, and will soon be ending.  

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sir, we are here." Oliver looked up from his business documents, and out the window to the restaurant they had parked beside.

"Isn't it a little early for my dinner meeting?" His driver looked at him funny, and got out of the car.

"They had the meeting moved forward, we hardly made it in time, Mr. Bronsten." Oliver already knew who had made him almost miss the meeting.

"Thank you. You can wait out here. It won't be longer than thirty minutes." His driver nodded, and closed the car door, standing next to the vehicle for its protection.

"Mr. Bronsten. I almost thought you wouldn't make it. I talked to your secretary. He said you may not be able to make it. But I knew you understood that this would be a onetime thing." Oliver shook his hand, and directed the businessman to a booth.

"Mr. Ito. Would you like anything?" The man shook his head, and Oliver waved away the waiter who was trying to head their way.

"We both want this to be short, Mr. Bronsten. So let's get to the main point. Why did you call me here today?" Oliver cleared his throat, and pulled out the documents he had been reading earlier.

"Everyone knows my father has been trying to shut down my business. That's why I need you, sir. I need an investor, and you sir, are my father's rival in the business world."

"Yes, I am a competitor. Which I find it rather suspicious of you to be asking me to invest in the business of the son of my rival. You know how it sounds, don't you?"

"Yes. I do know how it sounds. But my father won't let me invest any of my inheritance in my own company. This makes it hard to keep the business going. Please, sir. Can you help me? I have brought all the documents that show the abilities of my company." Ito looked at him, and shook his head, standing up from the booth.

"I'm afraid I just can't do business with my rival's son. My own investors wouldn't support it. Thank you for the opportunity, though." He shook Oliver's hand, and left the restaurant. Oliver could only sigh in frustration as he picked up the documents, and slid his phone out of his pocket. Pressing in the number of his office, he held the phone up to his ear.

"Joshua. He didn't invest. Find me another investor."

"But sir! There aren't anymore. There is just your father, or the Drents." Oliver cursed under his breath, and checked his watch.

"Fine. I'll just have to force my father to back off." He walked out of the restaurant, and slid into his SUV.

"Force?"

"Don't worry about it, Joshua. Let me handle my father. You just try to cut our spending some more. I'll talk to you in about a week." Joshua uncertainly agreed, but let Oliver go.