Control

When I woke up, my head was instantly hit with the hangover from last night. I had always been a light weight when it came to alcohol. 

Groaning, I sat up and glanced at my nightstand, noticing the glass of water and two Advils sitting next to it. Shit, my parents. I took the two pills and drank the water quickly, wanting to explain to my parents that I did not know that the punch bowl was spiked. 

But that would be lying. 

I can't go through again. 

I took the covers off of me and went to the window. Evan was lying on his bed, facing his ceiling, asleep. Hopefully, he did not see me drunk last night. I do not need him to think that I went back to my old ways. Which I am not; I only drank two cups then I stopped. The alcohol must have been strong. 

When I turned away, Laura busted through my bedroom door and started to slap. "What is the matter with you, Autumn!" she continued to slap me. "I thought you were done with doing that type of stuff."

I managed to get away from her reach. "Stop!" Laura stopped but took a deep breath and waited for me to explain myself. "I heard some good news from Lily and I kind of celebrated. I only had two drinks that they weren't even that full. I'm a light weight and that is all that happened. Even thought that is about all I remember from last night." I cringed, knowing that I had to ask the next question. "What did I do last night?"

Laura started to laugh and she had to balance herself by sitting on my bed. "You think that you did something bad at the dance?" she laughed while asking the question.

"Yeah," I droned out the vowels. "What did I do?" 

She took a break in her laughing, "I found you sitting at a table, sleeping." I widened my eyes, she found me after I drank. Laura saw my expression and started to laugh again. "I watched you as soon as you poured yourself the punch. And the second punch. That second drink knocked you out and you immediately went to a table to nap. I figured that you were a light weight, which is quite amusing because I didn't take you as someone like that. I thought that you..." she trailed off. 

"I'm not," I admitted. "Which is probably a good thing." We sat in silence for a moment, then I remembered Alice. "Where's Alice? Is she sleeping in her room?"

Laura gave me an apologetic look. "Autumn," she sighed. 

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What's wrong?" 

She became focused on the pattern on the blanket. "Nobody has seen Alice since you told me that you caught her making out with someone behind the gym." 

"What about Jace? I saw her and Jace kissing last night."

Laura shook her head. "I found Jace moping in the hallway outside the gym after you told me about them. I asked him where Alice was and he shrugged his shoulders. When I sat next to him, I noticed that he was crying." She took a deep breath, "He caught Alice kissing someone, behind the gym."

"I saw her kissing someone, if I had just taken a second longer to see that it wasn't Jace, I could've stopped her," I explained to myself more than Laura.

She shook her head, "The damage had already been done before then."

"Did you go by her house?" 

"No one was home. There was no party. There was no Alice." Laura turned her gaze back to me. "No one has seen her." 

I gestured towards my door, "Do my parents know about this?" 

Laura nodded. "They asked me where Alice was when they saw me walking you in. I told them that I haven't seen her in a while. I tried to tell them that she was going to stay over at Jace's house but they saw through the facade and knew that I was hiding something. Logan started to yell at your dad but they quickly stopped when they realized that I was still there. I don't know if they are going to kick her out when she returns or even if she comes back. They probably called her parents telling them what happened."