Aayan's POV- Lucky Encounter

"Tell them to meet me in Kohinoor in my restaurant," I informed Adam, who was striding behind me, noting down on his iPad. "I think 7 would do." I checked my time, it was already past 5, and I still had three more appointments remaining, till I was free for dinner with the Mehta and his young son, who was following his father's footsteps, coming into a Paints and Dyes business.

"Alright. Should I call in the meeting for the subsidiaries?" he asked, following me inside my office. I settled on my chair and faced him with a doubt.

"I am not sure, I want to get into a long discussion with KM. I know that they are trying to get an investment help from SpeedEx, but I am not in the right mind for negotiations. Tell Patil to handle the meeting and brief me the details first thing in the morning." I stretched my hands and dismissed Adam.

He looked at me with uncertainty before sitting on the opposite chair. I looked at him questioningly at his unwelcome gesture. I was not in mood to talk, I wanted a little time for myself.

"Sir, Pardon my intrusion, but are you still thinking about Miss Ray?" Adam asked, shooting his eyebrows, with a twinkling playfulness in his eyes through his geeky spectacles.

"I am not going to waste my time by talking nonsense things with you," I began, feeling irritated. I had forgotten about Trisha Ray, at least I was convincing my mind that way. Though the file in the corner of my table told otherwise, however I chose to ignore it.

"Nonsense? Really?" he chuckled pushing his glasses to his nose. "Sir I know you have been lurking in the CCTV. What were you actually doing?" He leaned back on his chair, folding his hand to tease me further.

"Probe into my matters anymore and I will fire you!" I exclaimed, losing my cool, yet chuckling at the same time. I knew Adam knew my every move, he was smart to read my mind most of the time. He has caught me several times, browsing through the file of Trisha, gazing at her photograph and yes, lurking on the third floor CCTV, in which I saw her every day.

"So it's the guy with her that worries you, is it?" he queried ignoring my threat. And he struck a chord there. I was indeed feeling like throwing the guy named Raghav out of SpeedEx house. The guy was following Trisha like a shadow. And I hated to admit that he looked at her in a way that I wanted knock the daylight of him.

I stood up abruptly at the thought and walked towards the view of the sun setting over the Arabian Sea. Some kind of gloominess arose within me, I didn't expect that the girl would capture my heart in such way. She was not getting out of my head. Every time I was alone, I was taken back to the touch of her hand, the beautiful eyes and innocence she was portraying.

"You didn't answer my question." Adam spoke softly.

"I don't know why exactly I couldn't get her outside my head. Especially when I know that she is not someone to have a fling with. If she was, I would have already jumped at the opportunity. I am sure with my charms and money, she would have already surrendered her to me. But it's something in her, that I don't want her to get hurt." I told, looking at the trailing path the sun had left in the clouds, already touching the tip of the horizon. The bright orange light peered through the windows, igniting the office with golden hue.

"What about Alina? You seemed to have a different plan until your encounter with Ms. Ray." He queried, nearing me with small steps.

I sighed, there was no running away from that answer. Alina was my sole focus till few days earlier, I was happy at the prospect that she had put aside her ego and was readily coming back in my life. Despite trying relationships with other men, she was always that girl I knew some years before, free and innocent.