"Check yourself, Dolores." Kingsley stepped in front of her, as she advanced towards us.

She looked shocked at her own actions and stood up straight, though she never grew taller than her 5'3". "Right, yes, of course."

"Well, that's the end of Dumbledore." Cornelius nodded and gestured his head towards us. "Get them off to bed."

We overheard Kingsley's snide comment as we walked out the door. "Well, you may not like him, Minister, but you can't deny, Dumbledore's got style."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The next morning Educational Decree 113 was passed, saying, "Dolores Jane Umbridge has replaced Albus Dumbledore as Head of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry."

The notices had appeared almost overnight and we also found it funny how everyone knew about Dumbledore's flight, it was the sole topic of conversation in the corridors and we were bombarded with requests to give a first-hand recount. Though some details, like Fudge being in the hospital with a pumpkin for a head, had gone array, there wasn't much missing from the event.

"Hey Potter's." Fred and George ran up to join us in the corridor's, the latter wrapping an arm around Emma's shoulders. "Guess what we just found out from none other than our trusty informant, Peeves?"

"What?" I looked expectantly at Fred.

"Umbridge tried to get back into the Head's office last night after they searched the castle and grounds in case Dumbledore was still here. Couldn't get past the gargoyle, the office has sealed itself against her. She had a tantrum right out in the hall, meaning Peeves could pelt her with tomatoes."

Everyone shared a smirk, but they quickly disappeared as a loudspeaker crackled. "Boys and girls are not permitted to be within eight inches of each other." The Toad's voice echoed over the megaphones, set up in nearly all corners of the school. "Those wishing to join the Inquisitorial Squad for extra credit can sign up in my office. Students will be submitted to questioning about suspected illicit activities."

"Great, now her annoying, bitchy voice is everywhere." Emmaline groaned, covering her ear and meeting me with a matching dark look.

"Uh, guys."

Following Ron's gaze up through the switching staircases, we noticed every single painting had been taken down and their inhabitants were shaken out of the frames that were stacked in the Entrance Hall. The walls were left plain and bare, the slightly discoloured marks of the portrait's frame against the wall were the only evidence they had ever been there in the first place.

Nearly everyone had red, raw scars littered across the back of their hands from Umbridge's detention, every message particular to that person's crime and everything had basically gone downhill the minute Dumbledore decided to leave.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blaise had asked to meet me in one of the lesser used corridors of the castle on the second floor of the eastern side. I turned the corner to have Blaise embrace me. "Lily, I'd just like to say sorry for the other night in Dumbledore's office."

"Oh, that's okay." I brushed off. "I understand."

"And I'd also like to apologise for–"