Chapter 6

"I was... I just wanted to kiss you." Pete said standing up to get on my level.

"No! You think you can just pick up where we left off? We are starting over Pete."

"For fucks sake Patrick? When will you forgive me?! It's been over a year." He said frustrated.

"Time doesn't make everything better."

"There's nothing I can do about it! What's done is done. Do you want me to apologize for cheating on you? Because I didn't do that enough, right? Do you want me to apologize for leaving you, because I we both know I have."

"You're aplogies meant nothing to me back then!!" I yelled over him. "You gave me every false apology you had." My voice dropped to a softer, sadder tone. "And the sad part was that I believed you until the very end when I came home from work and you were nowhere to be seen. You cheated on me. I let it go. You broke up with me. I learned to let that go. You left without saying a word or a second thought. I never let that go."

"Like I've said before... I know I've fucked up. After I left, I thought I was happy until one day, I saw a picture of you, and you looked so happy. And that's when I knew I lost everything. And even when I tried to get in contact with you and you gave me another chance, I still managed to fuck up before I could even see you again." He said, letting a tear roll down his cheek. "And then I would lie in bed and cry myself to sleep because I missed you so much, and I felt so horrible." He said taking a step towards me, closing the distance between us.

The cold wind dried the tears on my face, leaving a salty trail on my cheeks and jaw line.

"I can't be happy without you Patrick." He caressed my cheek and wiped the falling tear with his thumb. "I could live a thousand life times and never deserve you, but I'm selfish and want you anyways. You make me want to be better so I can deserve you."

He pulled me into a hug because at this point I'm just a sobbing mess. He brought back so many feeling I didn't know I had anymore. I'm happy. I'm sad. I'm speechless. There's so much I want to say. I love him. I hate him a little less. I wrapped my arms around him and took in his warmth. The heat was a nice break from the constant cool wind that has been drifting over us for the past hour and a half.

"I'm so sorry for everything I've ever done to you. I thought you came into my life at the wrong time, but now I know that I was just afraid of loving someone who made me fall so hard so fast. You're the only one for me Patrick." Pete said into my ear as we were still intertwined. In that moment, all my hate for him, all the anger in my body blew away with the wind.

"I forgive you." I said before pulling away. I looked into his golden eyes. "Just promise me something?" I asked.

"Anything." He smiled.

"Promise me you won't do it again?"

"Promise." He said before leaning in, trying to kiss me again.

"Woah. Slow down." I put my hand on his face. "You're still not getting it thag easily. We are still starting over, and we are going to take things a lot slower this time around." I told him.

"Alright. Fair enough." He let out a small chuckle.

"Take me home?"