Friends

Chapter 9 (Friends)

Two months have passed and pet is back to her normal quiet self. She’ll giggle here and there and she’ll come to me once awhile, but usually she keeps her eyes to the ground and tends to stick to herself and the baby. Seen, but not heard and completely obedient. However, I can get her to talk up a storm if it’s just us and if something is bothering her, it may take a little work, but I can get her to come out with it. I haven’t had sex with her yet, she’s too afraid and exhausted with the baby keeping her up at night. I’m a little afraid, even though she’s on birth control, she needs a year to heal before getting pregnant again. I’m waiting for her to come to me wanting it, but I’m beginning to worry about her in that matter. I have the other girls to relieve my tension, there are no males equal or less to her. I asked the guys, hoping she might of hinted with them, but they all said no. It made feel better that she didn’t, that she was afraid of everybody and not just me.

Jeremiah smiles and laughs now when I or pet walk in the room. He is able to hold his head up while on his tummy. He even managed to flip over a couple times. He is a very talkative baby, I just wish I knew what he was cooing about. It is better than when he screams at the top of his lungs. He held onto to his ice-cold blue eyes, his black hair is thicker now and straight like mine. I’m beginning to see my facial structure in him. The doctor says he’s strong and growing nicely. I had fun rubbing that into my dad, his mommy may be small and weak, but I’m not. Jeremiah has been waking up in the middle of the night thinking it’s play time. I got that out of pet after a few days of her fighting to stay awake while making breakfast. I’d let her sleep in, but I don’t want her getting into the habit.

I brought in what I saved from breakfast for pet as she was finishing up the kitchen. I watched as she wiped the counter, her head would bob down and her eyes would droop and then she’d jerk back up. I laughed putting the plate down on the little table in the kitchen. She glanced up at me and then to the floor, her eyes were bloodshot and had bags underneath. She looked as if she hasn’t slept in forever. With the way she looked at the floor, I was waiting for her to fall face first into it. “Come eat, the kitchen looks fine.”

I stood behind her as she sat at the table, ready to catch her head if it fell into the plate, she was really trying her hardest to stay awake. “Eat and then go take a nap. My dad’s got Jeremiah. Me, my dad and the guys decided you should at least learn how to shoot a gun and I’m not teaching you or giving you a gun when your this tired.”

I waited for her reaction and the only reaction I got was her resting her head to the side in her arm. She lost her battle to stay awake. I chuckled sliding the plate away from her then picking her up and carrying her to my room. My dad, Rich, Jake, Shawn and Paul laughed when they saw me carry her past the living room. “You’re not going to teach her like that are you? I don‘t think she‘ll learn too much.” Paul laughed. I was planning on taking her to the shooting range after breakfast.

“Funny,” I said and kept walking. I laid her down and covered her up, leaving the door open a crack, so she knew to come find me when she woke up.

I trudged down the steps, disappointed. I really wanted to go, I was looking forward to seeing her with a gun and now I have to wait. “Can you watch him after she wakes up?” I asked my dad plopping down on the couch next to him.

“I’ll take him over night, give her a little break. My pet can get up with him.” My dad said. I stared at him disapproving, I didn’t trust his pet with my kid.

“Lucas, she needs a break before she gets sick. Jess is fine to watch your kid, she has been watching Michael here and there and he’s just fine.” My dad snapped. Jess was his pet and Michael was my sister’s kid, he was named after my brother.