Chapter 11: Return of Sebastian

After a short period of playing the game with the new bets in place, I realized why Ciel had wanted to make new bets. He was going to win if I didn't move smartly. I blocked his attacks until I saw a perfect opportunity. I moved one of my last four pieces, a bishop, and declared, "CHECK MATE!" Ciel looked at the board carefully and after a few moments realized I had beat him. I grinned triumphantly at him. "Very well, (y/n), you do win. You are quite the talented, though extremely distracted, chess player," said Ciel. Suddenly a voice came from behind me, "Well, my young master, I have returned from the errand and brought the servant Lady (y/n) requested." I turned around quickly and there was Sebastian standing behind me. Ciel smiled and said, "Good job, Sebastian." Then Ciel looked next to him and around. Then he faced Sebastian again and asked, "And where is the Lady (y/n)'s maid?" Sebastian looked confused. "She was here just a moment ago, my lord." Alois and Elizabeth came over and they declared that they had seen the maid enter the room with Sebastian and that it was quite strange that she had been able to disappear so quickly. I sighed and shook my head. Figures, that she'd "disappear". Ugh she's going to randomly appear out of nowhere soon, probably when we're least expecting it...... Why did I make a contract with the cat demon? Because I need help that's why! I am will to do anything to solve my problem!!! That's why I made a contract, plus she's a good servant and probably the most capable fighter I've ever seen. As all these thoughts rushed through my head I let out a small sigh. Boy I hope Ciel, Elizabeth, Alois, and the servants don't have a bad opinion of me now because they think my servant is ill mannered and in capable.... Suddenly a familiar voice broke through my thoughts and said, "Wow, Master (y/n)! You are such a wonderful chess player! I can't believe you won this game with four pieces!" I turned around quickly and there standing by the chess board was my "lost" maid.