Chapter 10: Hard competion

I realized that I had made a huge mistake. I didn't have Ciel's King in check mate because he had seen the move as well. He now had a definite upper hand as I couldn't move my piece and redo the move because I had taken my hand off of it. Ciel grinned a semi evil grin at me. I watched in sadness as he killed my most important piece, my queen. "See what happens, Lady (y/n) when you are so sure you are going to win that you take you eyes off the enemy?" "You have not won yet, Ciel, and I am determined not to let you win." "Ah but, (y/n), that is going to be difficult to get me in checkmate or in stalemate when you don't have your queen and I still have mine." "It might be difficult but I will win!" "That's the spirit, (y/n), but let's see if you actually have the skill to back your claim up with. I seriously doubt you do from the way you've been playing, in fact I'm actually surprised you've made it this far." I glared at Ciel as he said this. I will show him! I will beat him! Who does he think he is to insult me like this? It's a good thing he is so handsome or else! NO BAD (Y/N)!! Don't think of Elizabeth's betrothed like this!! As all these thoughts rushed through my mind, I made a carefully planned move. The game went on for quite awhile in silence both of us battling the other with our wits. Then suddenly Ciel said, "Let's raise the stakes of our bet higher to make it more interesting." "Fine with me." "So, (y/n), if I win not only will you help me get that picture but you will have to act as my personal servant till the ball." I blink and then said, "Fine but if I win you will not only have to take for a walk but you will help me push Elizabeth and Alois in the pond sometime before, during, or after the ball." We shook hands and then continued. Both trying our hardest to win.