Because being normal is so unoriginal.

Start from the beginning

“How far do you think I could send a stunning curse?” I said absent-mindedly as Malfoy bent forward to speak to Krum.  

“Probably far enough, but McGonagall will kill you.” Harry said as we watched.

“Wouldn’t be the first time.”

“Yeah, that’s right, smarm up to him, Malfoy,” said Ron scathingly, not listening to our conversaton. “I bet Krum can see right through him, though… bet he gets people fawning over him all the time… Where d’you reckon they’re going to sleep? We could offer him a space in our dormitory, Harry… I wouldn’t mind giving him my bed, I could kip on a camp bed.” 

Hermione snorted. 

“Jesus Ron, Just go over there and offer to suck his-“ I was cut off.

“Willow, for the love of god, don’t finish that sentence.” Hermione said looking as though she was about to seizure.

“They look a lot happier than the Beauxbatons lot,” said Harry hastily, trying to change the topic.

The Durmstrang students were pulling off their heavy furs and looking up at the starry black ceiling with expressions of interest; a couple of them were picking up the golden plates and goblets and examining them, apparently impressed. 

I FEEL LIKE SINGING.

PROFESSOR MG WILL KILL ME!

“Tralalalalum.” I started humming. “I’m from Hogwarts, yes I am. I like smelling food but I really hate spam!” I shouted the last part, ready to continue, but with the same death glare from Hermione and Professor MG! I fell silent.

Up at the staff table, Filch, the Pedophille, was adding chairs. He was wearing his mouldy old tailcoat in honour of the occasion. I was surprised to see that he added four chairs, two on either side of Dumbledore’s.

“But there are only two extra people,” Harry said, looking up at the table too. “Why’s Filch putting out four chairs, who else is coming?” 

“Eh?” said Ron vaguely. He was still staring avidly at Krum. 

When all the students had entered the Hall and settled down at their House tables, the three principals; Professor Dumbledore, Professor Karkaroff, and Madame Maxime sat down. When their headmistress appeared, the pupils from Beauxbatons leapt to their feet. A few of the Hogwarts students laughed. The Beauxbatons party appeared quite unembarrassed, however, and did not resume their seats until Madame Maxime had sat down on Dumbledore’s left-hand side.

Dumbledore remained standing, and a silence fell over the Great Hall.

I’m sick of calling the great hall the great hall. It needs a new name...

Hall of nom noms?

No, too geeky.

“Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, ghosts and - most particularly - guests,” said Dumbledore, beaming around at the foreign students. “I have great pleasure in welcoming you all to Hogwarts. I hope and trust that your stay here will be both comfortable and enjoyable.” 

One of the Beauxbatons girls still clutching a muffler around her head gave what was unmistakably a derisive laugh. 

“No one’s making you stay!” Hermione whispered, bristling at her.  

“The tournament will be officially opened at the end of the feast,” said Dumbledore. “I now invite you all to eat, drink, and make yourselves at home!”  He sat down, and I saw Karkaroff lean forward at once and engage him in conversation.