Chapter 1

Title: Riding Risks For Cowboys

Setting: In Texas. During Girl Meets Texas.

Language: English

Rating: T

Pairings: Lucaya (Main)

Author's Note: Italics are what they are thinking or at times what they are doing.

Summary: Set during Girl Meets Texas. When Maya told Lucas she would never speak to him again if he got on the bull. Ever wondered what if Lucas didn't ride the bull and went after Maya instead? Well find out!

Chapter 1: Maya... scared?

"You won't be proud of him if he doesn't do this?' Maya asks Riley incredulously.

"Lucas, if you do this I will never speak to you again," Maya says to Lucas before walking out.

Lucas stands their in shock for a few moments before he turns to his family and friends. "I'm sorry I can't do this," He says and then takes off his cowboy hat and hands it to his Pappy Joe. He rushes out the tent to look for Maya. He sees her looking at the ring.

There's a guy with blonde hair that was supposed to go on after him. The bull throws him off after two seconds and Maya looks scared. Wait a second... Maya is scared. Maya is... scared. She thinks it's me. She's scared and she thinks it's me. She's scared because she thinks it's me. She cares...

She stands up with her heart in her hands. Does she really care about me that much?

"Lucas," She whispers in a small voice. "Maya," Lucas calls out from behind her. She turns around in shock. She leaps into his arms and hugs him. He can see the tears streaming down her face.

"I'm so glad you're okay. I thought that guy was you and when he fell off the bull I thought something happened to you and you left like everyone else and I..." Maya rambles.

"Hey it's okay. I'm okay," Lucas says gripping her tighter while using his one hand to smooth over her hair in a comforting motion.

They see Riley, Zay and Farkle heading towards them. They break apart. Maya quickly wipes her tears before anyone notices and give her friends a small smile. Why didn't he ride the bull? Does he care that much?

"Let's get out of here," Lucas says and they all head back to his family's house.