The End

"Kevin! Please be more careful with your driving!"

"That stop sign jumped out of no where!"

"Well maybe you need both of your hands."

"No!" Kevin locked his fingers tighter with mine, not allowing my hand to be free from his. Even though his driving may give me a heart attack, I enjoyed his hand in mine far too much to try to pull away. 

"At least get us to mothers and fathers in one piece. That is all I ask."

"I always do."

It was a chilly winter morning and Kevin and I were on our way to my parents house to spend Christmas with them. As we do every Christmas. We hardly see each other through out the year, therefore we always make sure to spend Christmas together as a family. Kevin and I have been married for a few years now, and still as deeply in love as day one. Kevin was working as a coach in high school, fitting. And I changed my major from becoming a doctor to a therapist. My main focal is to work with teens and young adults in the LGBT community, and children who have parents with addiction problems. Both very hard things to hear about everyday, but I believe my life experiences have given me a heads up on life.

Kevins father had a scare the year after our marriage of almost drinking himself to death. The wreck it did to Kevin after his father got home from the hospital and went back to drinking, was heart breaking. Because of this, Kevin can only handle an hour, at the most, of only him and I visiting his father on Christmas. I am hoping wounds can heal and addictions can be fought. But only time can tell. The bright side to this though is that now Kevin is very careful with what he puts in his body, due to his addictive behavior in the past. And he has become very open with me and not letting his anger build up in him until he bursts. We have both grown up a lot and have grown so much stronger as a couple over the years.

"See! We're here in one piece! What'd I tell ya!?"

"Let's just home we can all stay in one piece this week and not have the same accident as last year."

"I didn't know the knife was that sharp!"

"I told you Kevin dear." I pulled Kevins hand up to my lips and kissed the faint scar the still remained on the tip of his finger. "Just let me be the one to help mother with the cooking this time."

"Yeah, yeah. I got the bags, don't worry about it. You and the baby get comfy inside."

He gave me a parting kiss and we went to our normal ritual upon entering my parents house. Kevin went in the back and started unloading the bag. As I took our child out of his car seat, holding him close to my body.

"Are you sure you do not need my assistants?"

"I got it babe, I don't need my two men getting cold." Kevin huffed as he picked up one of the suit cases. "Damn Edd, what the hell did you pack!?"

"Language Kevin! And I do believe that is your bag."

"Oh.."

A small laugh escaped from my lips as I walked into the welcoming home that I grew up in. Upon waking inside, my father was already putting on his shoes to head outside to help Kevin with the bags. He greeted me with a firm hand on the shoulder and a soft smile before he walked out the door. My mother, as always, came walking in, faster than she usually would if it was just me, and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Oh it is so good to see you, how was the drive?"

I smiled as I began taking the babies coat off. "It was pleasant mother, Jim slept the whole way as usual, so the only crying I had to hear was from Kevin."