Kevin's Christmas

KEVINS POV

It was Christmas morning, and just like every Christmas, it started out with me waking up my pops who is usually passed out in his chair with an empty bottle in his hand. We opened the gifts we got for each other, pops actually wrapped a few instead of leaving it in its original box or bag. Which was a nice surprise that morning, it was small, but it showed that at least he's been trying.

After opening the gifts, I made breakfast for myself and pops. Nothing special, just some eggs, bacon, and a quick things of pancakes that I only burnt a few of. My cooking skills has started to get better after living out on my own for these last few years. Pops was still pretty drunk from his long night of drinking, but he still tried to keep conversation going with me. Asking me how school was going, how much longer I had, what were my plans after. The basic stuff that he asked every year.

Once breakfast was done, I helped my dad to his room and got him in bed before he passed back out. After getting him in bed, I cleaned up the dishes then started getting ready for the day myself. It was my new little Christmas tradition to go over to the Vincent's house every Christmas for their Christmas party. I guess it would normally be a weird situation to go to your exes parents house for Christmas. But every year they invited me, and every year they treated me like family and took me under their wing. They are the most family like thing I've had in my life in years. At least since my mother died or shortly after.

I got dressed in my best that I could gather up. A black shirt paired with nice black, tight jeans, and a green tie. I decided to leave my classic red hat at home, seeing how last time I wore it to the Vincent's Christmas party, Edd's dad took it off my head and hid it until I left. That's one other things that the Vincent's gave me, they taught me more about proper manners and how to behave in more high class situations. I would never be anything like Edd. But I did at least have more to show for myself now instead of a bad attitude.

I threw on my coat and shoes, heading out the door. It wasn't too cold out today, so short walk was rather pleasant. I remember the first year I got invited, I was out riding around on my bike, wondering if it would be a good idea to show up at the Vincent's or not. After riding around and coming to the conclusion that it shouldn't hurt anything, and maybe I'll get to see Edd again; I decided to show up. But there was no Edd, and I almost gave Mrs. Vincent a heart attack while showing up on my bike. So I promised no more riding my bike to her house.

Even though I had hope and anxiety every year that one time when I went to the Vincent's, Edd would be there, but he wasn't. Ever.

What would I even do if he was there?

Run up and hug him?

Scold him for not being in contact with me all these years?

Fall in love with him deeply all over again?

Or end up hating the dorks guts?

I guess I would only know once that situation came up. If it ever came up.

I came up to the front door of the Vincent's and gave it the normal three knocks that I usually gave. I was pretty excited to spend this Christmas with this family yet again, it was always a highlight of my day. And I couldn't help but to smile like a dork when Mrs. Vincent answered the door.

"Kevin, my dear, how lovely to see you! Please come right in!"

"Hey Mrs. V.. I mean, Mrs. Vincent. How are you doing?" I stepped it and removed my shoes right away, and hung my coat up in the normal spot.

"Fine, thank you! Look at you! Looking just as handsome as ever! Now Kevin, before you get comfortable, I have to tell you something."

But it was too late for her to tell me anything. Because as soon as I looked over her shoulder, there he was, the most beautiful boy in the world. The only boy that could make my heart flutter with love and ache with pain at the same time. Eddward Vincent. He looked slightly different, his normal hat was gone, showing his beautiful, silky, jet black hair that was now just pass his shoulders. And his build seemed more toned with slightly more muscle, he must have been working out, he was still as thin as ever, but looked stronger. But those piercing blue eyes still made me feel the same as the day I first realized my affection for him.

But who the fuck was this guy standing next to him?

Edd broke the silence of my disbelief. "Kevin."

"Edd. I didn't expect you to be here. No one told me."

"I have not told anyone about my arrival. Only father and mother were the first to know. Along with family here today, and now you."

"It's nice to see you Edd." I felt my heart beginning to pound at the sound of his voice. I just wanted to run over there, to hold him in my arms, say I'm sorry, and smoother him in kisses. But I knew better and controlled my emotions.

"Yes, well, I came here to surprise my family about my engagement to Daniel. I did not expect you to be here until my mother told me about your invite."

Engagement?

Is that who this fucker is?

"Engagement? Is that who this gentleman is?"

I could see the surprise reaction in Edd's face. He's use to me letting my emotions and anger speak first. But I've grown some, I guess.

Edd wrapped his arms around Daniels, I could feel a bit of pain of jealousy building up inside of me.

"Yes, this is Daniel, my wonderful fiancée."

Wonderful? Huh? Looks like an ass to me.

"Well congratulations to you both."

"Thank you." Edd leaned up to give Daniel a kiss on the cheek and I felt my body twitch for annoyance.

I think Mrs. Vincent felt the tension in the air, because she quickly cut in. "Well Kevin dear! Let us give you something to drink and you may get comfortable."

"Thanks." My tone lowered, along with my head as I followed Mrs. Vincent. I couldn't allow myself to look at Edd any longer. I may not have any control left and kiss those sweet lips that I know are begging my name.

Before I could walk by safely, a hand stopped me and was out to shake mine. It was Daniels.

"So you are the one and only Kevin I've heard about. Let's just say, oddly it's pleasurable to meet the guy that messed up so I could have the chance with my Eddward."

He's not yours.

I felt anger twitch through my body again, but I tried to control it as I shook Daniels hand. "If you heard that much about me, guess I'm still a big impact on Edds life." I felt Edd shoot me a glare, but I didn't mind. I actually always thought his glares were adorable.

Daniel let out a laugh. "Oh I don't think so kid. I am the one marrying Edd, not you."

"Boys." Mrs. Vincent's face started to fill with worry and I knew I better cut this short.

"Say whatever makes you feel better sport. Again, congratulations."

I walked pass the two, catches Edds gaze with my own. This was going to be an interesting Christmas. And I was going to get Edd back.