Chapter 45- Wedding Plans [E]

ابدأ من البداية

Julien quickly closed on the house within that very week and the remodeling started the very next day when the agent delivered the keys in their hands.

They began with the floors. Beige marble floors were installed throughout most of the house while the bedrooms, which previously had a old brown shaggy carpet, was now replaced with a flat detailed velvety texture. The counter tops in the kitchen and bathrooms were changed throughout the entire house with granite. Crown molding was added to several rooms, all the doors and hinges were replaced. The paint interior was changed from white to tan. Light fixtures were also changed, Chandeliers hung from the dining room, living room and master suite. The foyer was large and spacious, a magnificent three-hundred pound crystal chandelier descended from the ceiling.

They added a large five tier fountain to the middle of the circular driveway. The landscaping in the large backyard, once dried up with weeds and dying plants, was replenished with green bushes, roses, hydrangeas, and Camilla flowering scrubs. Small palm trees replaced the decaying ones around the estate—they one day will stand tall and high.

As Annie kept meeting with the landscaper to go over designs Julien accompanied her and insisted on one specific plant be included—Jasmine.  "I want lots and lots of Jasmine scattered along the estate."

Annie didn't give it much thought but had to ask why nonetheless. He quickly explained that it reminded him of her scent.  "It's an attractive fragrance that reminds me of you. Whenever you would pass by me the smell of your jasmine perfume brushed me like a welcoming breeze.  It's potent richness and sweetness is something I insist I have around at all times." 

It warmed Annie's soul to hear him say how affected he was by the preferred-signature jasmine-scented perfume she always dabbed behind her ears and wrists.  She was so desensitized by the smell she couldn't smell it on herself anymore. And what so appealing was Julien didn't realize how dashing and charming he was to her. The compliments flowed from his lips so naturally and it made her fall even deeper in love with him.

Annie trailed her gaze joyfully as he led her, catching quick glimpses of the completed work.  She wanted to jump up and down like a child and clap in glee.  It was every girls dream to want to have a house of her own and marry the man of her dreams and it was coming true for her right before her very eyes.

Julien kept pulling her along as she stopped briefly to soak it all in.  But she halted her steps and snatched her hand away from his.

"I want to really look, Julien.  Give me a second!"  She complained with slight irritation, turning her back and folding her arms across her chest.  She hadn't been allowed to see the progress for the last two weeks.  Julien insisted it had been too dangerous with all the equipment laying around and the painters took over five days to complete the top and bottom level. 

"Sorry love, I don't want to rush you but the man called me while I was in my meeting, he's been waiting for an hour."  Standing behind her kissing the top of her head.  "I promise we'll take a full tour."

She sighed and eventually allowed him to drag her with him.  They walked towards the very end of the hall to the mater bedroom. Opening the double doors, they entered to find Richard their contractor waiting for them.

The master suite was the last to be finalized. Annie added a large jacuzzi tub to the bathroom, and changed the vanities. It was large with countless cabinets to hold towels and personal hygiene products. The suite itself was huge, six-hundred square feet, with a small  sitting area which could easily accommodate a sofa and two chairs. Against the wall was a gas fireplace with a custom hand carved mantle.