He tugged my arm and took three slow steps back. His eyes never left Lucca as he did this. Lucca, preoccupied with his own thoughts, never noticed us making a retreat.

“He’s waiting.” Luisa pointed her finger towards the house.

Lucca’s attention snapped back. “What do you mean he is waiting, HE is not know to wait—“ His head jolts back noticing I wasn’t standing next to him anymore. “SELENE” He roared.

His voice protruded to a high ragging tone, the birds on the trees flew away.

“What a annoying voice you have.” A calm male voice said amusingly.

Dad’s grip on my wrist tightened painfully and I cringed. Every set of eyes looked at the direction of the forest the voice came from. Few seconds later a figure appeared from the trees, followed by three others, all bare chested and wearing jeans. The man in the front was without a doubt an Alpha, but something about him told me he wasn’t just an ordinary alpha.

His aura was much more powerful compared to Lucca, but he looked not much larger.

“Alpha Lucca, I’ve heard so many wicked things about you.” The man said grinning.

Lucca nodded, frowning.

Luisa greeted the stranger as well and Lucca’s men acknowledged him by giving him their full attention. Dad silently stepped in front of me, shielding me from the new visitors’ view. That wasn’t left unnoticed, when the intimidating new Alpha flashed his gaze directly at my dad.

“You look familiar.” The man said. He must have been talking to my dad, because dad’s head nodded.

“I was once this pack’s Beta, when the brat’s father was alpha.” Dad replied.

He didn’t even try to be respectful to Lucca, his alpha, although younger.

The man burst out in deep laughter. “You mean, when this pack used to be considered one of the best.” Lucca visibly stiffened when he heard him say this.

“We have decided for him to take the role of Beta until we get out disputes settled.” Luisa entered the conversation.

“Is that right?” The man smirked, “And may I ask, why did you leave in the first place? I heard of you Richard Grant. Your disappearance from our world left many of us curious of your whereabouts for the past 18 years. You’ve practically become a thing of myth.”

“He—

“Shut up, pup.” Lucca was publically capsized in front of his pack. That was a big let down as an Alpha and my heart went out for him to fight back, but he just took it! The back of my head started to painfully itch, but I ignored it.

What happened to the tough guy act earlier?

“As you were saying Grant?”

The veins in dad’s hands protruded when his fists curled tighter on his sides.

“Sorry, but that’s personal Alpha…Jeremy.”

The man growled angrily. “Where have you been the last decade? My old man handed me his position years ago! My name is Alpha Soren, get your facts straight or I will have to beat it in you.”

“Alpha Soren.” Dad cleared his throat. “I would appreciate it if you would respect my privacy and accept my apology for being oblivious to current events.”

 “Who is that behind you?” My lungs squeezed together and I thought I stopped breathing.

Lucca stole my gaze and from the look of his expression, it looked like he regretted bring me here.