Sweet Sweet Love

(Just saying sorry if it is kind of a short chapter, it is the first chapter so it will be short so be considerate of this. Also, comment your opinion on this chapter. This is my first time actually trying to write a good book and It is exciting! Keep reading, peoples!)

   "Where are you taking me? Is it Olive Garden? I love Olive Garden!" I said as Darren was covering my eyes with his hands.

"Patience my love. Patience is a virtue," Darren states.

"I obviously do not have that virtue."

Darren has been guiding me around for so long. I hope it is a fancy dinner because we never have those anymore. It is winter, so there is no carnivals to be seen. Well I can't see anyways!

"Are we almost there? We have been walking for hours! I didn't even see what your outfit is," I complained.

"Here we are!" Darren shouted.

He dropped his hands to his sides. There was only a road to be seen. We were in a field full of grass that is up to my knee's. The sun was setting and it was so quiet that I could hear the crickets chirping from miles away.

I looked at Darren, "where are we and what are we doing?"

"We are having a picnic for dinner by the pond up ahead," Darren replied ecstatically.

Darren had on a plain blue shirt with a plaid flannel over it, casual jeans, and black Converse. He looked so cute with his curly black hair and soft hazel eyes. He told me to wear casual clothes. I considered that and wore a light pink long-sleeve sweater, skinny jeans, earmuffs, and white boots.

Darren interrupted my thoughts, "isn't lovely?"

"Yes, this is so romantic!" I kissed him on the cheek.

We connected our hands and walked for a few more minutes until we found the pond. He set the basket down that he was carrying in his other hand. I helped him set up the plates and cups while he put the food down. We ate subs with no meat because of my vegetarian ways, he supports me with it. After we ate, we talked amongst each other and made up little quizzes.

"So, I have a little present for you!" I said excitedly.  

I handed him the wrapped present and watched him open it. It was a bracelet that said "you are the Finn to my Rachel" because I am obsessed with Glee (it's a show) and he knows it.

He smiled and said, "this is adorable, thank you love. Now it is my turn to give you my present."

He picked up his guitar that I didn't even notice on the ground. He was going to sing to me? How sweet!

"I am going to sing a Bruno Mars song that I want to see if you know the name."

He started to sing and I smiled from ear to ear. I knew this song from the start, it was "Just the way You Are." His voice was so dreamy, I felt like I was sitting on a soft cloud when he sings.

"Cause you're amazing, just the way you are." Darren sang.

And you are amazing just the way you are.

"The whole world stops and stares for a while..."

After a couple of minutes, the song ended but I wanted it to keep going and going non-stop.

"Encore! Encore!" I yelled out to him and giggled.

He smiled and started playing a tune. Then, Darren started singing "Like I'm Gonna Lose You" by Meghan Trainor. I joined in with him and I honestly think we sang well together. When we were a little younger, Darren gave me vocal lessons for two months. In 8th grade I joined choir with him and my best friend Kate. Now, I sing freely without having stage freight or any freight.

"You sound really good, Lydia." Darren complimented.

"You sounded really good as well, Darren," I replied.

We packed up and I carried the picnic basket while he carried his guitar and the gift box I gave him. We started to walk home but my brother Mark drove up to us and told us to hop in. We looked at each other and got in his black convertible. I was confused and I think Darren was, too.

"What are you doing out here?" I asked Mark.

"I asked mother where you were and she told me that you guys were walking here. So I just thought you could use a ride back home." Mark said in a kind of pitched voice.

Darren said to Mark, "Well, then thank you for driving us."

"Anytime, anytime," Mark then said in a monotone voice.

Mark has been acting strange ever since I started dating Darren, which was freshmen year of high school. He has been interrupting my phone calls with Darren, he begs mother to cancel Darren and I's dates, and he has been asking homework questions non-stop even though he understands it perfectly. It is not like Mark to act like that.

(Omg, I didn't even see that this wasn't published ugh)