3) Okay, You Caught Me

Start from the beginning

We nodded. "Yes, professor."

"Did you call her a liar?"

"Yes, professor." We nodded again.

"Did you tell her Voldemort is back?"

Harry and I glanced at each other in panic. "Yes, professor."

"Have a biscuit, Potters."

"Have a what?" Harry started, while I grinned at her, taking two Ginger Newts and handing one to my brother.

"You two need to be careful, misbehaving in Umbridge's class is something I highly suggest not doing, you know who she's reporting to, as hard as it is to tolerate her."

Harry sighed. "But we told the truth."

She shook her head. "It doesn't matter anymore, things have changed. You've got to keep your heads down and tempers under control. Now, you both have detention every night this week, which I, unfortunately, cannot get you out of." She eyed me. "Not that you're both going to attend anyway."

I smirked and she let us out of the classroom. The other three were waiting for us, obviously walking out of class. Em wrapped an arm round my shoulders, leading me off down the corridor towards the Hall, the others following. People swarmed around us on their way to lunch or their next classes, a lot of them breaking out into whispers and giving us death glares

Fred and George sat in the middle of the Gryffindor table, away from everyone else and saved us seats. George moved his jumper and case off the seat beside him and Em comfortably sat down, the two exchanging smiles.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I sat in the common room, the Weasley twins plonking down either side of me. "Anything you'd like from the Skiving Snackbox, Miss Lily?"

I scoffed. "Thanks but no thanks, if I want to get out of class I'll just not show up. If you really want to have some fun, I suggest giving some to Umbridge." I watched their eyes meet, lighting up with a brilliant idea and the two were off the couch in an instant, replaced by the Fantastic Four.

"How could Dumbledore let this happen?!" Hermione asked flustered. "To let that woman from the Ministry into Hogwarts?! And in our O.W.L year, too!"

Hiding my jeer at Hermione for being worried about O.W.L.s at a time like this, Emmaline piped up. "Perhaps the Ministry would have retaliated rather fiercely if Professor Dumbledore didn't employ that horrid woman."

I reached over and high-fived her for her very accurate comment on Toad. "It would probably be easier if some people had more faith in their headmaster."

I spoke loud enough so that a passing Dean and Seamus could hear me and Seamus passed me a dirty before walking up to their dormitory. "It's not as though we've had great DADA professors, it's like there is an actual jinx on the job." Ron added.

Harry nudged me gently and quietly said, "I didn't see you at dinner?"

I shrugged. "No, you didn't because I wasn't there."

Emma hurriedly turned to Harry. "Hey, what's wrong with your hand?"

Harry placed his right hand over his left, showing her perfectly pale skin. "Nothing."