3) Okay, You Caught Me

Start from the beginning

Umbridge stood in front of the class opening and closing her mouth continuously, unsure of what to say. She broke out into a smile and said softly. "It is the view of the Ministry that theoretical knowledge will be sufficient to get you through your examinations which, after all, is what school is all about. Does that answer your question, Miss Potter?"

My eyebrows furrowed. "No, not really, it just tells me that our country is being run by a bunch of nutters."

"And how's theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?" Harry spoke up. I glanced at him and he evenly met my grateful gaze. Was he backing me up?

"There is nothing out there dear." I tried not to roll my eyes and massaged my temples. "Who do you imagine wants to attack children, such as yourself?"

"Err, I don't know maybe Lord Voldemort."

Everyone broke out into whispers and Umbridge opened and closed her mouth again. Toad? She looked more like a fish? "You walked right into that To-Professor. He's wanted to kill us since the day we defeated him, even the Ministry can't deny that." I grinned smugly at her.

"Now, let me make this quite plain." Umbridge walked forward. "You have been told that a certain dark wizard–"

"Lord Voldemort." I cut in, meeting Umbridge's glower. "But continue."

"–That a certain dark wizard is at large once again. "This is a lie." Her face was inches from mine, but I refused to move back, even if it meant choking on her overly sweet flowery perfume.

"It's not a lie!" Harry jumped up to his feet, yelling at her. "We saw him! We fought him!"

"Detention, Mr Potter!" She announced.

"So according to you, Cedric Diggory dropped dead of his own accord." He ignored her.

"Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident."

"It was murder! Voldemort killed him!"

I abruptly stood, scaring Emma, just as Umbridge yelled. "Enough!" But I didn't move, letting the stout woman's glare fall upon me.

"You. Are. A. Disgrace." There was so much venom in my voice it caused Umbridge to take a step back and she flinched. "Look what the Ministry's come to! You stand there and you disgrace an innocent boy's death! You filthy woman! I did not get up in front of the whole school and ball my eyes out, for some 'tragic accident'."

Everyone's eyes were on the professor, who looked like she was going to scream, but instead, she said quite calmly, "Come here, Mr Potter."

Walking up to the desk she had retreated behind, she handed Harry a pink scroll of parchment. "Mr Potter, you will take this to Professor McGonagall, Miss Potter you will go with him."

I picked up my satchel, stuffed my quill back in and stormed out of the classroom behind my brother, leaving Em, Ron and Hermione to blink at each other in amazement. The walk to McGonagall's office seemed to sober us up though, we were actually being sent to our godmother. How disappointed would she be? Harry knocked and I could see an explanation forming in his head to save our skins from the head of our house.

The door opened and the pinched-face woman looked down at us, allowing us to enter while taking the scroll Harry handed to her. We stood submissively in front of her desk, as her eyes swept from side-to-side over the neat cursive handwriting. She looked up over the piece of parchment. "Is this true, Potters? Did you shout at Professor Umbridge?"