2) Because I'm The One That Hid The Portrait

Start from the beginning

Suddenly the door opened again, cutting all conversation short, a filthy old head poking in. "Kreacher." I greeted.

He shuffled in, leaving the door open. "Mistress Potter. Kreacher is wondering if mistress be wanting some tea and biscuits."

I raised an eyebrow. "What about for all my friends?"

The ancient, hunched House-Elf eyed the group suspiciously, muttering not very subtly, "Mudbloods and blood traitors for friends. How my mistress will shriek at my keeping company with the unnatural sort."

I cleared my throat, noticing Ron and Ginny ready to explode on the rude house-elf, Hermione giving him a sympathetic look. Oh no, she hasn't moved on from S.P.E.W has she? "Kreacher, insulting of said friends will not result in my telling you where your mistress is."

He tried to give off a surprised expression but failed miserably. Clearly, he didn't attend the acting school for horrible house-elves. "Mistress Potter is my mistress, no one else, especially not Mistress Black."

"Tea and biscuits won't be necessary, thank you for the offer. Now run along." Hermione looked like she was about to protest, but I silenced her with a look and watched Kreacher shuffle back out of the room.

"Don't treat him like that!" She snapped, causing everyone to groan. I almost laughed, almost.

"He's a house-elf Hermione, sworn to serve the Ancient and Noble House of Black."

"So why does he call you his mistress and not Emmaline?"

I smirked. "Because I'm the one that hid the portrait."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Emmaline's POV
Hesitantly, I knocked on the door of the Study, interrupting whatever my father was doing in here. When there was a faint 'come in', I pushed open the door to find him standing in front of the empty fireplace, staring at a photograph on the mantlepiece.

"Emmaline, come in, I'd like to show you something."

I walked up beside him, looking at the picture, it was of a younger Sirius and my mom, holding a giggling baby. The pair looked so happy, staring at each other then at me in their arms, before James and Lily Potter entered the frame, giving them hugs and looking down at me. Someone outside of the frame must have been holding the twins because they were born before I was.

"This is the last photo your mother and I took together...it was the happiest time of my life having you Em."

He wrapped an arm around my shoulders, pulling me comfortably into his side, me winding my arms round his waist. Tears were silently falling over both our cheeks and we ebbed into silence. "You know, mom kept a photo of you and her, it must have been when you guys graduated because you're both in school uniform and there are witches hats everywhere."

He grinned, the memory forming in his head. "Oh yes, that's the farewell feast of our seventh year, did you ever see me lean in to talk to her? That was me asking her to marry me."

I whipped my head round to see him watching me with glassy eyes. "No wonder she never told me about it, she'd just burst into tears. She loved you so much, dad."