Chapter 10: Meega Good

The next day, when Lilo first saw Victoria before class, she tried to talk to her. She tried to apologize. She tried her very best to sort things out. The moment she tried to speak though, her mind flashed back to the moment she saw Victoria holding Stitch. The anger and jealousy cropped up even stronger than it did before. With a furrowed brow and anger in her eyes, Lilo turned away and entered the building without a word. Stitch followed behind silently, he looked back at Victoria with sorrow in his eyes.

I shouldn't have let it come this far. He thought guiltily to himself. I'm going to fix this.

Watching her friend turn her back on her, Victoria felt crushed again. "Lilo!" She called after, but she didn't receive any response. Instead she only watched as the door closed. I know this isn't your fault...still. Victoria slowly entered the class, hoping she could force Lilo to talk to her.

Stitch had to sit at the back of the room and watch everything he felt he had caused. What was once a class filled with beauty and joy, filled with sorrow for the blue experiment. Lilo wouldn't even look at Victoria, instead she focused on Stitch. Her smile when she saw him brought a warmth to his heart, even when things were going bad, she still managed to make him feel better.

Teresa, Elena, and Yuki, at the bidding of Myrtle, kept their distance from Lilo as well. Even though they were starting to get used to the idea of Lilo and Stitch being a couple, they couldn't go against the wishes of their friend and leader. Between them and the falling out with Victoria, Lilo stood in the middle of the stage. Alone. She distanced herself from her friend while the others distanced themselves from her.

"What is going on with you girls today?" Moses asked, dropping his clipboard to his side. The silence that followed his question made Lilo's ears ring. "Is no one going to tell me what's happening? You're not acting like yourselves."

The five girls looked towards Lilo, and Stitch could feel the glares as if he were onstage instead. Those should be for me. He already resolved to finish this. As soon as he could, he was going to find a cure for his Lilo, then everything will go back to the way things were. Hopefully.

Once given a break, Lilo decided to sit with Stitch for a few minutes to catch her breath. She felt comfort in his hand that she was holding. The comfort soon died down as Victoria made her way over. Lilo didn't notice the puffiness in her eyes, but Stitch did.

"Lilo. Please talk to me." She pleaded as she fell to her knees in front of her friend. "I wasn't trying to steal Stitch away from you. I was just trying to talk to him about..." She trailed off, worried about making Lilo even more upset with the truth.

"About what?" Lilo's eyes held strong on her. She was completely willing to listen to any reasonable explanation that Victoria said. Instead, Victoria looked away. Her eye's darted to Stitch, she was worried about upsetting Lilo even more with the truth. The terror in Stitch's eye's told her it was best to keep quiet about it.

At this point she probably wouldn't believe the truth anyway. She tried to come up with something, but couldn't. "I...I just wasn't trying to steal him. Okay?"

"I really want to believe you Victoria. But I can't." Lilo snuggled into Stitch protectively. Her eyes didn't deter until Victoria finally got up and left them.

"She wasn't trying to steal meega." Stitch whispered, placing his lips on the top of Lilo's head. Her silky hair still smelled of mango.

"I know." She replied sadly. "Something in me just won't forgive her." A few quiet seconds passed between them. "Does this make me a bad person?"