Chapter 27 - Monster

Hello!! First of all... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! Second, here's a new chapter. Hope you like it. Also, please, read my last note, at the end.

I glanced at the huge monitor planted a few meters away from us. It said there were only fifteen minutes left until we hear the lady calling us up.

- Dad, we better go.

He nodded and warned Sofía so she could stand up and follow us. She did, with her usual slowness, but she did. We got to the boarding gate soon enough, the queue was already growing, so we walked to the end of it, after a nice french couple.

I swear I couldn't understand a word of what they were saying, but they were looking at each other in a so passionate way... I started to think about León.

Two months had passed since I had that idea. It took us so long to apply it to reality because Sofía had lost the papers and, man, we never found them. Therefore, we went to the notary, asking for a copy. Legally, we shouldn't, but we knew the guy and he knew León's story, so he was kind and gave it. It was with deep surprise I verified I was correct and our plan could proceed.

Concluding, there we were trying to bring back León, about to face the monster's rage. His dad would turn green. What? He never thought we could simply remember that small big detail?

I missed his eyes, I missed his smile, I missed his loving arms and passionate kisses. I wasn't worried about if he had cheated. I knew León. He would never, ever do that. The distance was killing me, that was all. Although, I was quite better, I had only cried some days... six at maximum. Now I was boarding on a plane to fight for what was right and fair, to bring him back, to make his mother feel okay again and to make myself happy too. He was someone I was dying to see, someone I couldn't wait to bring back. Permanently.

*******

We got out of the taxi and paid to the driver. It was snowing a little bit and the roof of the houses in the area were blank white. I admired the building. It was not modest, I have to say, it was huge and... yeah, basically it was a wealthy house of a rich man. After him and Sofía made the goods and money split, he invested what he got in a bank... He turned richier.

I breathed in and out and we three stood at the front gate. I had my finger over the harebell, but I didn't press it.

- What's the problem, honey? - My dad asked me, putting his hand on my shoulder.

- I'm afraid. - I murmured.

- He's just a man. - My dad stated.

- I'm just a girl. - I said, facing him.

He took a deep breath and caressed my cheek.

- You might only be a girl, but you are fighting for what is right. You have the strength to do this. You are strong enough to bare anything. You only have to believe. - He spoke out with proud eyes.

- It's not that simple, dad.

- You only have to believe. - He repeated with a small smile.

I smiled back and hugged him. I was so happy he was there by my side, making me strong, supporting me. He was my dad and I loved him. Nothing could ever end with that.

I pressed the harebell and moments later a tired male voice talked through the intercom in the wall.

- Hello? Who is this?

My eyes popped and my heart started to pound inside my chest.

- León?! - My voice almost shouted.