Chapter 9 - Close enough

Hello there, cupcakes! Here is another chapter of Brand New ! Hope you like it!!

She turns at the Studio corner and I hit with someone, making me very close to that person. It's León.

- León. - I say, under my breath, not moving away from him.

- Violetta. - He says, looking me in the eyes.

- Sorry. - That's when I realise how awkward that was and stepped back, as he did the same.

- It's okay. - He smiles.

I prepare to walk to Studio, but he holds my wrist, making me feel electricity through my body.

- Are you okay? - He asks.

- Yeah.

- Okay... How was last night?

- Great! We had loads of fun. - I cheer and smile as widely as I can. - What about you?

- Oh, that. The same.

- Ok. Well, I have to go but... see you later. - I wave.

- Alligator. - He completes, smirking.

I smile at him and then leave. Wow. Why was it so strange to be around him now? Just the touch of his hand makes me feel something weird. I walk to my first class, right on time, with all of these thoughts on my mind.

******

We are at the last class. Yes, I came to a class although the results aren't announced yet. Fran and Cami invited me. León and the band are going to play now. When he entered the room, I saw him very down and frustrated, but I didn't get the chance to talk to him. They start strumming the guitar. I only look at León, who is playing with almost no energy. I wonder why is that. When Pablo is going to warn León about it, he stops playing and runs out the Zoom, with tears on his eyes. What the heck? Everybody looks at each other, not knowing what had just happened.

The class proceeds with one less student. At the end, I advertise Fran and Cami I'm going to look León. I get my things and start looking.

I start with his house, nobody home, on the cafes, nothing, until I go to the park and see a brown-haired boy sat on a bench, bent down, crying. That's him. My heart is aching just by seeing him like that. He stops crying when he hears my steps towards him.

I approach and sit next to him.

- León, what happened?

He doesn't answer, stays quiet.

- Please, I need you to tell me what's going on!

I think he notices the pain of my voice because he looks at me with his red, wet eyes and hugs me. So do I, tightly. We break it and he starts talking.

- My... p-parents... got... d-divorce... - He stammers.

- Oh León. - I say, stroking his face.

- Do you wanna tell me what happened?

He nods as he takes my hand.

- Today, at breakfast, they had a huge argument. I thought it was just another one. Guess what... it's the last. My mom told me at lunch that they had got the divorce papers and that dad was leaving home. - His voice is so deep, I can feel his sadness.

- You won't be alone. I'm here with you, Fran, Cami, Andrés, Maxi, Brodwey... Your family is bigger than what you think. - I smile.

- It's not the same, but thanks. - He sincerely smiles.