Fallen Hope

Dear Guys,

              Okay, it's my first time writing romance (slash fantasy). So wish me good lucks and all.... And please do not hate me if the story is short. :)

P.S. If you're complaining that this story is not about your religion, And you're really believe that Jesus ain't real, Dude. Respect the christians.

People will always complain "Why do christians always get the best song?" and "why do they always get the best traditions (especially christmas)?" and blah blah.

If you really wanna know, here's the answer:

Because we are awesome. And Jesus, Mary, and God are REAL.

Period!

Citygirl11

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was dark since its night time, but I couldn't see the three king's star.

I flapped my wings harder like a dragonfly's. White, glowing Feathers from my wings danced around me, the strong wind slashed like knives.

Almost there.....

"Hope, wait for me!" Serenity quivered. She was behind me. Her face is beaded with sweat.

I looked up. I could see the heaven's gate, glowing like full moon. I glanced back at Serenity, she look exhausted. Fear was showed in her almond-shaped eyes. I slowed down for her to catch up. She seemed relieved when she grabbed my white dress to take a deep breath while I navigate the way.

Then, that's when it happened. The Earth slowly crumbled. So strong we could feel it in the sky. The world showed us its inner core.

It showed us a great sea of fire which seemed to be under the earth. Plunged in this fire were demons and souls in human form, like transparent burning embers, all blackened or burnished bronze, floating about in the conflagration.

Fire balls came out from the giant gap of the ground like U.S. army missiles, shrieking as if they were evil crows, and we were crops. Even if they're just fire, they are another example of predators.

We dodged every fire balls that gets near us while trying to get to heaven. Serenity started to panic. She tried to escape from the disaster with all her strength.

Then, a caught a glimpse of two red-glowing eyes in an open hole of the earth. I couldn't put my finger on it. Then a giant pitch fork --burning with crimson-red fire-- launched out on the air. It's heat dissolved in the air. 

There, I realized, it was heading towards us.

 I started to pray under my breath:

God is my Father..... I reject Satan....... God is with us...... I reject Satan.........

Well, I finally found out who's the Pitch Fork's target - Serenity.

Serenity was more important than me. She represents peace; I represent hope (of course). It was obvious that the King of Sinners and Demons wanted Serenity to be gone forever. Without her, hope is useless. The world will be kiosk.

My wings swiveled towards Serenity before the fork could pierce her unprotected-chest. I tried to get her out of the way. I knew I will not make it.

But I have to try.

I covered Serenity with my arms, trying to get her out of the way.

She let out a deep-breath. Good, I thought.

Serenity didn't look hurt. Satan's pitch fork barely even touched her.

It stabbed me instead, its three tongues dugged on my back. Golden ichor splits out of my skin, streaming down my dress. . .then my legs. . . until my toes feel its dying warmth.

I heard a faint scream, I can't make up my mind if it was me or it was Serenity.

The agonizing pain took over my determination to safety. It took away my chance to reach the Gates.

I felt like an owlet, falling from its nest in a middle of the night. The whole earth revolved around me. Was it possible that a virtue angel, such as me, can die?

I screamed at the top of lungs, hoping for someone who could save me.

But in a time like this?

 A place like this?

Was it even possible?

 Probably or so.

~.~.~.~

I landed on an unknown thicket, the darkest part of it. My body was buried in a bundle of leaves and dewy grass. I clenched my teeth, trying not to let pain and cool take over me.

My eyes slowly closed, and what I see is the absence of color.

______________________________________________________________

Guys, calm down. This is just a prologue. Hope is not dead.

If this story sounds cliche, please. Just tell me in a nice way.