chapter twenty seven

Start from the beginning

He sighs.

He could call Troye - that's the only thing he can think to do at this moment. Connor sighs, scrolling through his contacts and hesitating a moment before calling him.

Troye answers after the fifth ring.

"Connor? It's like one in the morning, what's up?" Troye asks, his voice husky and groggy with sleep - which sounds quite attractive.

"Uh, sorry to wake you but I just - are Dan and Phil with you?" Connor asks, biting his lip.

"No - why?" Troye asks.

"Uh well, they aren't here - they're both gone and I'm slightly concerned," Connor explains, "I was just seeing if you knew where they would be. I've called them but they aren't answering."

"Sorry, no idea. I have a car though - maybe we could go look for them?" Troye suggests, "I feel worried now."

"Me too. Dan always answers his phone," Connor says.

"I'm coming, I'll be there in ten," Troye says before the line goes dead."

Connor pulls on jeans but just decides to leave his t shirt. He pulls on shoes and quietly heads downstairs, leaving through the back door to be even more quiet. It's raining, so he waits underneath their front porch so he won't get drenched.

Troye pulls up a few minutes later, rolling down the window and smiling at him.

"Get in loser, we're going shopping!" He whisper/yells, making both him and Connor collapse into giggles.

Connor runs to the car, managing to get inside without getting completely drenched. He faces Troye, panting.

"Sorry to wake you up so early," Connor apologises as Troye starts the car up again, "I didn't know what else to do."

"That's alright," Troye laughs, "it's not like I was doing anything other than sleeping. I love being up late anyway, when you feel like it's just you."

"Yeah," Connor agrees with a smile, looking out the rain covered windscreen out onto the street.

Connor soon realises the car isn't moving. He turns to face Troye, who is just looking at him with his wide blue eyes.

"What?" Connor asks.

"I didn't say anything," Troye says.

"Why are you looking at me?" Connor asks.

"Because, you're cute," Troye says.

"Yeah, I'm drenched and in a t shirt which is way too big, very attractive," Connor says sarcastically.

"No seriously," Troye says, leaning in closer to him, pushing some of Connor's hair out of his eyes, "you are."

Connor's breath hitches - his heart is pounding. Why has this God of a human got his face so close to his, his lips so close...

Connor flicks his gaze up to Troye's eyes. Troye grabs the back of Connor's head before he presses their lips together.

And Connor swears that in that moment, he has never felt so alive.

***

Dan bites his lip as Phil stands.

"Look Dan," Phil says, stepping forward and catching his wrist before slipping his hand down into Dan's own, squeezing it gently, "I saw what happened. But I'm not mad."

Dan creases his eyebrows in confusion. Why is Phil not mad? He doesn't understand. How is Phil not mad? Especially if he saw what happened.

"Listen Dan, I know Bethany, she did the same to Zoe. I know it wasn't you, I saw you push her away," Phil says, having to talk loudly over the rain, which is slowly drenching them both.

Dan smiles, pulling his arms around Phil and attacking him in a big hug, squeezing him tightly. He feels so happy and relieved.

Phil doesn't hate him!

"I love you Dan Howell," Phil whispers in Dan's ear, his breath warm against Dan's ear.

They pull back from the hug, but their arms are still around each other, looped around each other's necks. Phil leans forward and presses their lips together.

And even though it's pouring rain, and they're both drenched, when their lips touch, Dan feels like his insides and skin have been lit on fire - in the best way possible.

[^^danisonfire lol]

Dan pulls away when he feels his phone vibrate. It did ring before but he had just ignored it. He pulls it out of his pocket, praying that the case will protect it from the rain. It's Connor calling, so he hands it to Phil so he can talk.

"Connor? It's Phil," Phil says.

Pause.

"Yeah I'm with Dan."

Pause.

"Yeah, we're close to there, just around the corner I believe."

Pause.

"Okay see you soon," Phil says before hanging up and handing Dan his phone back, which he slides into his damp jeans pocket.

"That was Connor, he and Troye will be here soon," Phil says, "they were out looking for us."

Dan nods before huddling closer to Phil, partially wanting to just be close to him and partly cold from the rain. Phil puts his arm around Dan, smiling down at him fondly.

There's no denial, he loves the boy in his arms. People can try to deny it, call it wrong, call it just a teenage romance, but whatever kind of love it is, Phil knows that it's real love.

You know it's real love when you can look at the person and just love everything about them, when you know you would do anything for them.

"I love you Dan," Phil whispers in his ear.

A car pulls up then, it's Connor and Troye. Dan and Phil climb into the back seat, singing in relief as the heat inside the car warms them from the rain.

"Sorry about that guys," Phil says as Connor and Troye both turn to look at them.

"That's okay," Troye says, his gaze flicking to Connor and he winks at him, making Connor flush pink, "it was worth the trip."

"What were you doing out in the rain anyway?" Connor asks.

"Telling Dan here that I trust and love him," Phil says, slipping his hand into Dan's.

"Whatever that means," Connor says.

Phil ignores him, leaning over and kissing Dan again. Dan smiles. He feels happy, he feels loved.

And it's the best feeling in the world.

**********

an// so there's the last chapter. The epilogue will be up hopefully today!! Please vote, comment and share a last time, I really hope you enjoyed the book!

I loved writing it, I've come so far since I started it, so THANK YOU! I love you all. I have a new book called heart of darkness up which is a phan book, I hope you'll read it!

Stay tuned for the epilogue ^_^