twenty two

EDITED

** Three months later **

You never know when the last time you'll see someone is.

I haven't seen Stefan in three months. He just disappeared off the face of the earth.
Neither Damon, nor Elena can get a hold of him.

Speaking of my sister, Elena's vanished off to college with Bonnie and Caroline so we haven't spoken in over a month now.

Jeremy won't even come when I call out to him. I don't understand.

Damon and I have grown close. I'm now living in the boarding house, in a spare room next to Damon's. Alaric is busy teaching at the high school still, and ever since Elena started ignoring me, he did too. Which made me even more depressed, it feels like everyone but Damon has forgotten that I exist.

My senior year is starting soon, like in a week. I'm dreading going back to school, especially since I managed to avoid it when I first moved home.

I have nightmares, all of them almost too real to think they are just scary dreams. But they are of Stefan drowning. He can't breathe and neither can I. So I usually wake up screaming, which makes Damon come in and calm me down. Then I'll fall asleep on his chest once I'm finally relaxed enough to sleep again.

Right now, I'm currently sitting in Damon's huge bathtub with a bottle of vodka. It's the only bathroom with a bath tub in it. The bubbles tickle my chin and cover my whole body. My toes wiggle outside of the bubbles and I nurse the bottle of vodka slowly. My hair tied up in a messy knot of curls and kinks.

I hear Damon slam the front door and stomp back here to his room.
He doesn't even notice me in the tub and I slow my breathing so he can't hear me. I like spying on people sometimes. It can be funny and interesting.

Damon is all in a flurry, he knocks books off of his bedside table.

I raise my eyebrows at him and speak up,

"Wow, what happened to you?"

Damon spins around, and his eyes go wide at my naked bubbly body.

"E-Eve, I didn't see you there," Damon stutters slightly.

"I'm just drinking away my sorrows. Like you," 

I say and raise my bottle to him,

"What's got you in a mood?" I ask and take another sip of vodka. It doesn't even burn my throat as it makes it's way to my empty stomach.

Damon frowns now and grows angry and pulls a stool from his closet, and comes to sit by the bathtub, he takes the bottle from me and puts it to his own lips to down a few gulps before speaking.

"Elena told Caroline something. And Caroline told me. And now. I'm pissed off," Damon says after another moment.

I cock an eyebrow, fully interested now,

"What is it?"

I lean my arms on the tub and look up into his ocean blue eyes that could rival the Caribbean.

"Caroline told me that Elena said that she and Stefan had sex. The same night he fled town," Damon says drinking from the bottle again, avoiding my eyes now.

My heart beat speeds up and I grow angry. I reach up snatch the bottle from him and down the rest of it in four huge gulps. The sober thoughts slip away and I become buzzed. Rational Evelyn is gone.

"Great. Good for Elena. She got what she wanted," I say sharply.

I stand up suddenly, not caring about him seeing me naked. I step out of the bath and walk to the shower and turn it on. I glance behind me and see Damon's eyes haven't left my body once as a dark lust over takes his eyes.

Getting into the shower I rinse off and let the hot water run through my hair as I pull the pins out and shake it down my back. I look behind me I see Damon pulling his jeans and boxers off.

I raise an eyebrow at him, my head swimming,

"Are you joining me?"

Damon smirks at me and is in the shower behind me in a second, his naked body pressed to mine. I have a huge intake of breath as his hands run down my wet bare waist. He spins me around and I'm pressed against his toned chest.

Damon cups my face and his ocean blue eyes search mine.
I tangle my fingers in his hair and his nose reaches down to touch mine.

Then we kiss each other eagerly, almost with a need to erase the bad thoughts. With a need to get engulfed in one another.

I haven't felt this lit up kissing anyone since Kol.

He pushes me into the shower wall and kisses me deeper.
In a flash he speeds us out of the shower. I wrap my legs around his bare waist and he throws us on to the bed.
We kiss even more intensely.

His lips start to travel my neck and my head swims again.

"We have to be careful," I warn him, tangling my fingers in his dark locks.

Damon's eyes find mine as he kisses me once more and then pulling back, hovering above my body,

"What do you mean?"

I narrow my eyes playfully at him,

"We can absolutely not fall in love."

He nods, and then his voice comes out in a horse whisper,

"Kiss me."

And I do, our lips find one another's again and we devour each other. We start to lose ourselves, our bodies tangle so much I have no idea where I start and Damon ends.