seventeen

EDITED

Time has been passing like a hand waving from a train I longed to be on. I miss Kol with every fiber of my being, and I hope he is far away from me on the other side. I hope he isn't thinking of me constantly like I'm thinking about him.

Haven't seen him since that last night when we spoke. I haven't even seen Jeremy. It's been weeks. Weeks of me lounging in my room, empty of everything. I don't have anymore fight left in me. 

Elijah called me last week, he's in New Orleans still sorting through the covens down there. He is desperately searching for answers he doesn't know if he can give me. 

Silas is out and he has a hold over Bonnie, who is practicing dark magic. No one knows what Silas looks like though. Elena came by yesterday to update me, and to try and drag me to go get lunch with her. I refused, demanding alone time.

I feel homesick for a home that isn't mine. Kol felt like home. 

Rolling over in my bed, my eyes glaze over as I grab my buzzing phone. I don't look at the caller ID before picking up.

"Hello?" I ask, my voice coming out weak and soft.

"Evelyn, I was wondering if I could come over? We could talk?" Stefan's voice through the phone makes me bolt upright in bed. 

I wasn't expecting the Salvatore brother to call me. I figured he would've let me go by now. I did threaten to leave. 

And I tried to leave, but Elijah said New Orleans was too dangerous for me at the moment. And I didn't want to go back to boarding school, so I just stayed here, holed up in my house.

I run a hand through my tangled hair, getting it caught in some knots, 

"I'm pretty busy, Stef." The lie leaves my lips easily.

He sighs heavily, 

"Alaric told me that you've just been in bed every day, don't lie to me. I'm coming over, be ready to leave in half an hour." Before I could argue back, he hung up on me.

I groan loudly and throw the comforter off of me, heading towards the bathroom to shower quickly and get ready. I absolutely did not want to spend more time with Stefan, especially after those visions we had. And especially since I have a sense that he has feelings for me.

After my shower, I dress in a black and yellow sweater and black jeans. I let my hair air dry, making that natural wavy curls it usually does. I brush my teeth then head downstairs to try and choke some food down before Stefan gets here.

Alaric is in the kitchen, his eyes widen when he sees me walk in.

"Evelyn, hey. How are you today?" He asks me hesitantly.

I shrug and grab an apple from the bowl on the counter, sitting at the table,

"Stefan demanded that we hangout. So I'm waiting for him."

"Stefan?" Alaric raises an eyebrow at me from his spot across the table, 

"There seems to be a connection between you two."

Rolling my eyes, I go to rebuke that statement. But before I can, Stefan walks in the back sliding door, coming into the kitchen.

Stefan smiles warmly at me,

"Ready to go Evelyn?" He asks.

Alaric gives me this knowing look and gets up himself to put him plate in the sink behind me.

Glancing up at Stefan now, and shrug as I try to remain emotionless towards him.