Chapter 25- Mad About You

Magsimula sa umpisa

The lift reaches the hospital floor and she steps out, her light blue flats hitting the White tiles. The nurses smile with their bright eyes and the doctors strut in their white coats as they move around the dull hallways. Reyna begins walking towards the room at the end of the hallway; Faith and Marcy's room. She twisted the doorknob, opening the glass door. Her voice stammered only for a moment before she began to speak. "F-Faith, we need to talk." Her old best-friend stood at the edge of the room, staring blankly out the window. Marcy slept silently in her bed.

Faith didn't move. She didn't speak. She just stood there, with her palms clasped together and her eyes on the outside world. Her lips quivered. "They're releasing me tomorrow." She spoke, tapping two fingers on the glass window. The outside world floats like falling leaves of the oak trees below, and Faith is still stuck here in the glass prison, her eyes darting in and out of the distant streets. "I'll get to be free again." Her light whisper is only barely heard, but Reyna didn't come here to gossip like she would when they were teenagers.

She steps closer towards Faith, standing only a few metres away from her. "Cut this out, Faith. We need to talk." She snaps her head back towards me, pressing her palms against the glass. Her eyes in their pale colour stare back at Reyna, and she sees in her eyes the torture staying in this hospital brings to her skin, the horrid feeling etching itself deeper as she stares into Reyna's eyes. If she didn't hate her with every bone in her body, she'd feel some sort of sympathy inside, but the little lies became large lies and the lies spiralled out of hand and Reyna couldn't ever trust to like Faith again. It's not just the lying either, every single glimpse of the childhood best friend with a lung disease slapped her in the face and suddenly the idea of ever returning to that state, that life, lost itself in the rush of the world. "I want you to talk to me." Reyna let a whisper crumble out her pink lips.

"I want to talk too, Rey." Her petite voice whistles as she steps closer towards me. "Am I stuck in this never ending loop where I break vases and hearts, and everything in between." She stops for a split second, brushing a strand of brunette hair with her fingers. "Tell me honestly, do I need help?" Suddenly, Reyna feels like collapsing into the hospital bed right beside her and curling into a ball, trying to forget her life. There's a serial killer on the loose and she's forgetting that even though her best friend isn't the best, she's forgetting to save her from hell. Reyna would want to help someone even if they were Faith, but in this exact moment, she returned to Earth.

Faith is lying. Always. It needs to end here. "What really happened the night you were injured? What happened to land you in this hospital?" She screamed in frazzled anger, twisting her head to see Marcy peek her head towards the pair. Faith bit her lip. To say Reyna is upset is an understatement- she'd take a truthful best friend like Peter any day. She questions whether anything was ever true in their childhood, but what they had together, as the best friends they were, isn't something Faith would lie about.

She steps gently on the cold tiles, edging closer towards Reyna. "I meant to tell you." She murmurs. "I meant to tell the truth, but I hurt you too much." Her fingers brace against the blue sheets as she collapsed onto the soft comfort of the hospital bed. "What Brady told you would have been lies he conceived to hide the truth; my truth." Her diary sits on the bedside table, and as her finger wrap around the light grey skirting, she continues to speak. "The night that I met Brady in the farmhouse barn wasn't the first time we met. It wasn't the last either. He told me that I was beautiful, and he told me he'd do anything for me. I guess I liked the responsibility he possessed. When the moon was iridescent and the sky was clear, I made a choice that landed me here in the hospital." Her thin fingers traced around a diary to an entry from the night after the attack. Her eyes flicker for a moment before a small frown appears on her face. "I've made mistakes. I'm sorry. This is all about you, I'm here because of you."