Chapter 22- Tear You Apart

THIRD PERSON

"What happened to your trashy girlfriend?" She mumbled as he kissed her ear. Her back was pressed against the wall of the powder room as he pushed himself against her, kissing her skin. Somewhere inside she hated that their affair had been sprung open once more, but on the other hand, she loved the thought of no more strings attached. As he traced her back with his fingers, she thought of how long she had wished for the perfect guy, but he wasn't real, and she was stuck to the same monotonous men she dated each and every other time. 

"We broke up, remember?" He murmurs under his breath into her ear as she leaps forward onto him, kissing his neck. The room shook as the loud music blared throughout the party, occasional screams blurting out through the crowded house. Swear words erupt over the loud speakers as the two kiss passionately in the broom closet. His hands disappear in the forest of her strands of hair, her hands linger on his lower back. She speaks whispers into his ears, he mumbles the thoughts he's been wanting to share. Their lips meet in a swirl of lust. It was as if their surroundings- this party- meant nothing to them and they only wanted each other, but they knew it would end.

Sharp knocking came from the broom closet door, and she froze, him in her arms. She whispered to him, entwining her fingers with his. "I'll be right back." They broke apart, and she moved towards the door, the glow of the party seeping in through the tiny gap below the wooden door. She opens the door only slightly, the pool of light floating into the small room and barely missing where he stood. Standing on the other side of the door was a short woman with wild blonde hair, messily tossed into a bun.  The glass in her hand tipped as she swayed in her place by the door, the blaring music intercepting the silence from the broom closet.

The girl smiles and lifts her hand to steady herself against the door frame. "Have you seen Adam?" She giggles as the alcohol in her glass swirls in her hand. Helena froze in the doorway, hiding him behind her back as the other girl peeked aimlessly into the darkness. She saw herself in the other girl's eyes, and she saw the look of horror fill her face.

"Uh, I haven't. He's not out there?" Helena smirks, staring into the endless ocean of party-goers, their hands flinging into the air, their mouths wide open in continued singing. Her mind falls silent as she thinks about what she's doing, why she's hiding him like a secret, why she's betraying her judgement to fall in this affair. He lit his face in the spotlight as the girl turns her head back towards the seeping crowd, frowning without any confirmation. She sighs, bouncing away back into the crowd.  Helena turns back to Adam. "This needs to stop." She spoke, the door closing behind her as she walks back towards him. "I'm not something on the side." He steps forward to hold her in his arms, but she pushes him away, knowing this is the end. She can't help but think of the lies she's told to see him here, tonight, and the lie she told a stranger, a drunk stranger. No more hiding in the shadows. No more lying. No more. 

He wraps his tight grip around her body, and as much as she squirms to break free, he won't stop.

------

She strokes the comb through her hair, staring into the mirror at her messy complexion. The dirty fogged up glass reflects the new way she views herself; greasy and breaking. Driving that vengeance through her pulsing fingers and killing the man she thought was her friend felt relieving, but as she tried helplessly to forget him and find solace with her 'work'- if you can call it that- but the sight of a woman-hungry man only threw the thought of the blood-thirsty men, and suddenly she knew the best way to forget him was to confess. No names needed, no location, no murder weapon, just plain confessing. That she, a gentle stripper, killed a man. It was one thing to tell the support group, people she only knew by their first name and their story, but the scathing pain of watching the world swirl over her head pushed her closer to the edge of the world.