My legs extend solidly, kicking and thrashing at his body. He loosens his grip, and I stand for a moment, stepping away. I reach for the cross bow still slung across my shoulder, but before I know it his cold hands wrap around my throat. His shoulder length hair bounces as he chuckles at my every gasp for air.

I can't breathe, shift, call for back up or break his hold. I claw at his hairy hands, and dig my nails in. He flinches but tightens his grip. I feel like all the blood I have is in my head, and it's about to explode. Every second I couldn't take oxygen was another second closer to death.

"Not so tough without a Beta, are you?" He taunts me.

I swing my legs and rip at his shirt with my hands, but that doesn't stop the tight hand around my throat. He feels like a wall, that I just can't break down. The colour in my eyes begins to turn again, a blurry bloody blue.

A dark growl drums through my ears, and I felt the grip around my throat become loose. I cough and gasp for air like a fish out of water. The rogue with long black hair is ripped from me, leaving scratches on my neck and jaw. At first glance, I thought it was Axel who had come to my rescue, but it wasn't.

I choked on my air, and my senses were met with an enticing smell. Fresh ocean water with a hint of the earth's soil was enough to make me faint. My body immediately loosened, feeling at ease with the calming fragrance. I knew whoever this was, I knew what he was to me. Every part of me, every part of my inner wolf was daring me to take a step closer to him. But his eyes... they were red.

Rogue Red.

This was my supposed mate. The person that I'm supposed to dream about until the day I die, the person who I am supposed to love unconditionally.

I look at his eyes again. They were like beads of hot lava branding my skin. How was I supposed to love a monster?

He drops the long haired man and stares at me inquisitively. I hated the way he looked at me, as if he didn't know what to do with me.

Without a second thought I readied my bow and arrow with in a matter of seconds. I aimed my arrow at his head, ready to shoot if he attacks.

Still hidden by the darkness, I see no face. I only feel his beaming eyes. The utter intensity of his inner wolf was suffocating me, far more worse than how the man now on the ground choked me. I was lost for words. Nevertheless, I held my position. Ready to shoot if needed.

"I swear I will shoot you..." I warn. It's all a lie. I want him to think I'll shoot him, but honestly I don't think I could bring myself to kill my mate. Regardless if he is a rogue, I know he is my mate, and I can feel my wolf trying to latch to him.

"Liar." He whispers, taking a step closer. The way he spoke made me shake, and I tremble as he gets closer.

My wolf eyes activate again, no doubt shining the normal bright green colour. Now, I can see him.

And I know who he is.

"Ares?" My jaw drops.

What the hell is he doing with the rogues? Ares may be half rogue, but he is still son to a reigning Luna of a good pack. I know that he was raised well, and is apart of that pack, so what is he doing with the rogues? I lower my bow, but not fully. He is still a threat.

He takes another step forward, with his neck craned to get a better look at me. I could smell his confusion and worriedness. You've been caught, I want to tell him. But I don't.

"Shit!" He mutters loudly, shaking his head and running a hand through his hair. "You can't fucking tell anyone, hear me?"

The anger in his voice builds a pit of anxiety in my stomach. He didn't need to touch me for me to feel the heavy vibe that swallows him. A fair distance apart, yet I still felt breathless in his sight. His chocolate brown curls dangle from his forehead and his jaw clenches at my silence.