My heart paces in complete fear of what the rogues could possibly want with our pack. I rush to the battle room, pushing the doors open and slipping a pair of black combat boots on. I clear my throat and the men begin to scatter at the sound of my voice. 

"I want a half of you at the Southern Territory now! As for everyone else, surround the border! Grab your silver pistols, the rogues are here." I growl to everyone.

The battle room is already filled with every male fit to fight. Most of them, already took the initiative to prepare themselves, unlike others who wander mindlessly. Everyone begins to shuffle fast once hearing my commands, grabbing pistols and bullets. They strip before shifting, completely comfortable in their own skin. I take hold of a cross bow and arrows and sling them over my shoulder and on to my back.

I tie my dark hair into a pony tail, and trudge towards where there is a supposed attack.

Why would rogues attack during the night? Were they that petty? And most of all, why in Artemis' name were they picking on my pack. A nice clean reputation is what we have. No pots to stir here, so what are they thinking?

"Rori, psst!" I hear my name whispered from a near by tree. It takes me a while to make out who the person is, but once I see that it's Axel, my Beta, I pace lowly towards him. His back is against the tree, and he's crouched down in human form. His chest is expanding heavily with each breathe he takes, and a long scratch drapes down his forehead.

"Over there." He mouths, pointing into the deep dark forest. I can't see anything, but I can smell the horrible scent of rogue. He holds up two fingers, gesturing that there are two of them. I let my wolf eyes take over, and everything begins to glow. My vision instantly becomes clearer, and I see the world in different colours. Two dark coated rogues trudge, their eyes glint a bright red.

Axel charges at them without a second thought, completely eliminating the potential strategy we could've had. He shifts into full wolf form, clawing for the jugular. I pounce, still in human figure trying to protect my Beta. Axel is good in battle, and it doesn't take him long to beat his opponent. The second rogue jumps at me as Axel's whimpers in pain. I fight the wolf off as Axel finishes his.

The filthy dog snaps at me, growling fiercely. I use my body weight forcefully to swap positions, and almost shifting into my wolf when suddenly my ears burn.

"Beta!" A stretching howl pleads. I see Axel's head shoot up.

When an Alpha or Beta is called during combat, it considered disrespectful to ignore. I can see it in his eyes as I hold the rogue down that he wants to go.

"Go," I tell him, and he shoots me a look of concern but I shake my head. He can't stay. "I'll be fine, go!"

Axel is gone with in a second, his orange hair now hidden in the trees. The second I lose concentration the rogue takes advantage. It pants at me, heaving with all the strength it has to flip me over. With the blink of an eye, the wolf forms into naked human body.

Sitting on me with absolutely no shame, he grips my wrists tightly.

"What do you want with my pack?" I spit, squirming beneath him. I'm unable to shift in my current position, so I continue to beat this wolf to a pulp with my legs.

His tangled brown hair sways at my struggle, he barely flinches. Red eyes burn into me like lasers, aggressively glaring at me like a piece of meat.

"It's recruitment time." He replies, his hot breath contaminating my air. His voice is deep, and it crackles with every syllable.

Recruitment time? Are the rogues trying to turn our pack of raised wolves?

Nevertheless, I knee him where it hurts the most and headbutt him. The impact turns makes him lose focus, and shuffle to my feet, pushing him off. He tugs on my ankle, sweeping me right off my feet. And not in the good way.