Prologue

It was raining in the 20th ward as the small child walked down the path of a park. He walked down the path for several minutes, where the dirt path became the sidewalk and the green grass was became stained red with blood. 

The kind smiling old ladies  feeding birds in the park sitting on the wooden benches became serious men and women with eyes of stone and hardened face, briskly walking to their next event. Shadows and tall trees loomed overhead with a preview of death around the corner, or in this case, right in front in the building of the CCG. 

He looked onward to see the view of death itself, beckoning him to its call, daring him to break down and give up. A man with beard in a shape of a spiral on his chin came up to him. The man asked for his name, he replied with a false one, the man gave a kind smile then ripped his gaze away to a ghoul yelling and screaming to get away from the investigators that were holding him. He sprinted over to deliver a crushing blow onto the ghoul with his elbow knocking him out quickly. 

The man looked back to find the child gone, all he saw was the pink blossoms falling from the sky in his place. The man didn't notice the corpses of two investigators being dragged along the quiet path of the park with not even a sound, the bodies painting the ground red like paint on a canvas. 

The child came back to a shop not far away from there and dropped it off. He enjoyed supplying them often with meat, he already had much of it, he remained anonymous as to not draw attention and they had yet to see him. As alone as he was in his life, he loved being able to help others. It is better to be hurt than to hurt others , that is what he had been taught.

Suddenly an old man came out of the back and asked. "What and who might you be young boy?"

The boy peered up at the man and smiled softly, he responded. "If you can find out, can you tell me?"

He then walked down the street without another word, it brought great sadness to the old man's eyes. The old man watched as the boy rounded the corner at the far end of the street, the man walked back into his café, debating whether to pursue the boy. He decided that he could, and he would, he would take in the boy, he would not leave abandon another person, he put on his coat and briskly walked in the direction where the boy had left.

As the boy made it around the corner, before the old man even had a chance to decide, a tall and heavily muscular man stepped out of the shadows.

"It is time Kaneki."

"Hai Shachi-sama."

The two figures jumped to the rooftops and bounded across them, heading to their destination. The old man rounded the corner fifteen seconds later, he frowned but when he saw the two figures leaping across the rooftops of Tokyo, he smiled.