chapter 9 - title unkwoen :)

~ fasrfoward 2 weeks later~

i peered out the window, "were safe for now". i said and walked back into the kitchen were Jeremy and holly were standing.

"when is the supplier going to be here?" Jeremy said with a mouth full of toast. "hopefully in 2 hours".

"good cause were running out of water". holly said looking through the fridge shit not the water, "already?" she nodded and continued rummaging in the fridge.

i sat on one of the island stools and started to drink my coffee, when i felt Jeremy's hand on my thigh. i jumped at his touch, and shoot a stern look at him. 'not now' i mouthed and continued to drink my coffee.

~

'bring!'

i looked at holly and Jeremy, "holly pass my gun please" i said and made my over to the door.

over the 2 years this Apocalypse has gone down hill. the infected are learning how to knock on doors and carry a knife. the army is saying that at least 5% out of 100% of the infected can now sprint and carry/shot guns.

i walked up to the door, listening if there was any gargling sounds or moans... nothing.

i opened the door slightly and saw the supplier man. i opened the door fully and took the boxes. "is that all the boxes left until next week?" i said signing the clip board.

he nodded, "sadly yes.. we hope to get a lot more in by Monday next week".

i sighed, "thanks.. stay safe". he nodded and walked away back to the helicopter across the street. i shut the door and put the boxes down.

"this was all the stock they had left until next week" i said and started to cut open the boxes.

i was greeted by a huge dog licking my face. "gah gross Theo!" i said and pushed him away.

About 4 months ago the military and government thought it would be a good idea to have natural born hunting and protective dogs for anyone who still lived on the outside, protecting and infected from coming into the safe zone.

Theo was a 4 month year old German Shepard, he was always full of energy and was a great fighter. before the dogs were sent out they were given a shot that protects them from catching the virus.

'if only we could take the shot' i said in my head. it was harmful to any person because of all the chemicals in it.

Jeremy pulled a box towards him and so did holly, both digging around and pulling out equipment.

"woah! a brand new AK-47" i looked at Jeremy and giggled. "nice".

"hey at least we have more water and dog food" holly said and filled the cupboard up.

"that's good".

~

We had sorted out all the new equipment and resources when holly spoke.

"I'm going to fill up the travel backpacks and have a shower, be about 20 minutes".

i giggled, "ok we'll be here still".

after holly had gone up stairs i stood up and refiled Theo's food bowl.

"there you go boy" i said and scratched his head when i was suddenly lifted up by the waist.

i quickly looked behind me and saw Jeremy holding me.

"how about now?" he said still holding me. i flicked my hair to the side, its length touching my shoulder blades.