Chapter 11 - Unconsious Warnings

Emma marched through the school halls as the bell rang for the end of break time and her mission began. She passed her friends Ashton and Calum on the way to their ironic music lesson. "Hey guys. Have either or you seen Michael today?" She asked in a usual kind tone.

The boys exchanged weirded out looks to each other, then Ashton spoke. "Michael? Michael Clifford?" He questioned raising his eyebrows. "That weird dude who beat up Luke the other day?"

Emma nodded and rolled her eyes slightly, fed up of all of that. "Yeah" She replied.

"I haven't seen him today, but I heard he abducted you yesterday" Ashton continued, sliding one hand into his front black jean pocket. "I heard some people talking about it and that he forced you to get in the car with him and did some crazy voodoo shit on you to make you stay out of school or something"

Calum blinked in disbelief. "That's bullshit" He replied blankly, then pointed to Emma as he continued. "He clearly didn't do that because she is standing there only wondering where Michael could have got to. I don't know why, but that's not our business" Calum said in her defends, turning to face Emma for his final sentence.

"Well said" Emma said smiling kindly. Calum nodded her appreciation, then waved her off and walked away. Ashton shared a smile with Emma before he jogged to Calum to catch up with him.

As Emma walked by the light blue door to H5, her next lesson, the tired teacher popped his head out and called to her, making her stop and turn to face the rough-faced old man. "You're in here now, come on" He said, opening the door fully and stepping aside so she could enter.

But Emma stayed where she was. "I'm really sorry, sir. But I have to use the toilet" She lied, inching away from the door.

"You've had all break time to go to the toilet, why now do you choose to go?" The teacher asked as his students began listening to the conversation for gossip.

"I had to go home and pick up some stuff for my art project and I found out that my cousin is in town so she made me stay so we could catch up" Emma lied rather convincingly with one hand on her hip as she supported most of her weight on one leg, slouching.

"Really?" The teacher asked, folding his arms.

"Trust me sir, we would have wasted less time of you had just let me go and not made me confess my 'break time sins' to you, sir" She emphasised with her fingers her point, making most of her class mates agree in the classroom.

"Okay fine! But hurry up. I'm counting the marks you'll loose in your final exam" The teacher said and didn't even blink before Emma was gone, walking quickly down the corridor away from the classroom.

A few moments later, Emma had reached the spot where she had began her search for Michael. He was nowhere to be found around the school buildings or in any of the boys toilets. A buzz made her duck into a girls toilet to make sure a teacher wouldn't find her standing around on her phone and not in her lessons. It was a text from an unknown number: Michael isn't doing so well after what happened last night. He could be sleeping, but he could be dead. You'd better quicken your pace before he's found by us. Good luck, princess :). Emma gasped and almost dropped her phone as she finished ready the message. She brushed her hand through her long hair with a thought, then pulled open the pink toilet door and raced down the yellow science hallway, passing full classes as she neared the double doors. Opening them, Emma paused and checked the time on her phone: it was 11:26 so most of the lessons would be ending in a couple of minutes. With a new kick in her step, she ran from the doors of science around the corner towards the student car park, where Michael's car was in sight beside a horrible green car and a sports car. She ran up to the car and peered in through the glass window, seeing Michael laying across the back seats with his jacket over his arms and chest like a blanket and his SnapBack over his face and ear. Emma breathed once and opened the front passenger door of the car, climbing in and closing it behind her. She placed her bag on the floor by her feet, then turned and leaned forward in between the front seats to where he was unmoving. "Michael?" Emma whispered, lightly running her finger up and down the exposed part of Michael's forearm. "Michael" She whispered a little louder, taking the hat away from his face. She gasped as she saw Michael's face was covered in cuts and bruises, some of them green and others blue and purple. "He must have gotten into another fight" She mumbled to herself as she traced a small cut across his eyebrow. With a few nervous glances around the outside of the car, Emma climbed across into the drivers seat and smiled to herself as Michael had left the keys in the ignition. She started the car and backed out of the parking space just as some sixth form students began walking out of the school grounds toward their own cars. And with a few left turns and a right, the car was out of the school grounds and Emma could safely her Michael better. Her phone buzzed in her pocket and she awkwardly moved herself to get to it, then read the text from another unknown number: Congratulations. You've found Michael Clifford. Follow this address and claim your prize. Well done princess :) Emma panicked and contemplated what to do next. She tossed her phone to the floor and concentrated on the road ahead, an avenue of trees and bushes taller than she could see past the windscreen.

The sound of painful grunting and heavy breathing got louder in the back of the car as Emma adjusted the car mirrors, then looked over her shoulder as Michael sat up and saw her driving. "What the hell are you doing driving my car?" He asked in his usual calm voice as he climbed into the front passenger seat.

Emma smirked, thinking she was abducting him. "I wanted to" She replied, glancing over at him as he relaxed against the seat. "Are you okay? You've got some pretty big bruises on your face there" She told him, both hands on the large and thin steering wheel. Michael pulled down the mirror in the sun visor and hissed as he checked over his face and neck, hissing every time he touched a mark. "Who did it? Do you know?" Emma questioned, passing the only other car for miles.

"Yes" Michael replied, gritting his teeth. "My brother" He said, closing the mirror and pushing up the visor. He slumped back in the black leather chair and folded his arms.

"Your brother?" Emma questioned, confused as her brows furrowed.

"I don't think he likes me all that much anymore" He smirked and bit a into one of his nails. "Where's you phone? Can I borrow it?" He asked Emma, turning his body fully toward her. She nodded and pointed to her feet where she'd thrown the contraption, then returned her eyes to the road. Michael smirked a little surprised, then leaned over the gear stick and reached down Emma's long legs to her phone behind the accelerator pedal. He felt her rest her elbow on his back as he used her lap for a support for his other arm, also covered in bruises as Emma inspected them. He sat upright again and smirked at Emma as she glanced from the road to him. "Don't flatter yourself" He told her, making her scoff and smile.