"I mean he's your brother so wouldn't you care-"

"I said I don't."

I groaned.

"Why don't you, though? Why don't you talk?" I pushed.

"Just because he's my twin doesn't mean we have to finish each other's sentences!" he raised his voice, still refusing to look back over at me. I could tell he was beginning to get pissed at me again, but I couldn't stop.

"That doesn't mean you can't at least be friend-"

"Will you shut up, Dakota?" he yelled at me, making me quiet. He was glaring at me, probably wishing I would stop interrupting his show.

"I don't. Care, okay? I don't. What Collin does is none of my damn business and vise versa. So stay out of it!"

He turned back to the tv and got comfortable again, fluffing his pillow.

I stayed quiet for a few minutes, not wanting to let out any type of sound from my mouth. I didn't want to piss off Drake any more than he already was. He looked absolutely furious and it wouldn't do me or Collin any good if he hated me.

I sighed. This wasn't the way I'd wanted things to go. Especially ending with me getting yelled at to stop bringing Collin up, which was the last thing I wanted to do. I wanted to mend a broken relationship. Who knows how much regret either one of them would have if something happened to their sibling? Their other half?

I started speaking to Drake again, but a lot quieter, not wanting to disturb the new found peaceful silence too much.

"Listen, Drake. I didn't want to be so pushy.." I started, looking away. "I just wanted to.. help? I mean- I have a brother at home and I love him very much. And if we were fighting and then something happened to him.. Well, I would never forgive myself for not having mended things on a good note sooner." I spoke honestly. I loved Max with all my heart and wouldn't know what to do if things ended badly between us.

Drake didn't say anything, so I continued.

"I guess I'm just trying to help you and Collin out a bit, because I wouldn't want any of you two having to deal with that kind of pain if something were to happen to one of you guys. Plus- it's bugging Collin a lot and I can tell. Just saying your name in his presence just turns his mood around. I guess what I'm trying to say is- whatever ripped you two apart shouldn't keep you guys apart. I mean hell, you're brothers! Twins, even. Sure, you don't need to be able to finish each other's sentences but you should at least be somewhat civil to each other," I shrugged, looking at Drake. He still wasn't looking at me but he didn't seem to be concentrating on the show any longer.

I stayed silent this time, leaving the ball in his playing field. I'd wait for him to say something and if he didn't say anything, then we'd be silent until Dusty returned.

A few long minutes passed and still nothing from Drake. He was focused on the tv screen again, making me wonder if he was going to say anything at all. He didn't seem to. I must have riled him up too much earlier. Or this subject must really be too touchy for the two of them.

All of a sudden, Drake groaned, causing my head to snap in his direction, waiting for any kind of reply from him.

"Look," he started, not sounding too pleasant in his tone. At least he was saying something, so I paid close attention to his words. "What's between Collin and I had nothing to do with-"

And at that moment, the door opened and in walked in Dusty. Perfect timing, dude!

I frowned at him, making him freeze in place and give me a confused look. Drake stopped talking all together and tuned us out.