Pizza Date

I was frozen solid as a block of ice, my gaze focused intently on the tiny screen of my cellular device in my hand. I wouldn't dare look up at Drake while he was naked. My face burned red and I was thankful my hair was long enough to cover my cheeks as I bowed to stare aimlessly at my phone.

A sudden chuckle broke my concentration completely. I furrowed my brows as I realized Drake was laughing at me.

"You are frigid," he said.

Frowning, I completely forgot why I was looking down in the first place and shot my head up while saying, "Only because you-" but then I quickly remembered he was naked and shot my head down again.

I bit my lip, squeezing my eyes shut. Had I just seen-? No, I hadn't.. Wait a second. 

Hesitating, I looked back up at Drake slowly only to realize he was already in boxers and holding on to a black shirt.

I frowned at him. 

"So what was the point of the towel if you already had boxers on?"

"I'd literally just stepped out of the shower and was drying off when you decided to knock. I was in the process of getting dressed." Seeing the confused look on my face he rolled his eyes and sighed, annoyed.

"I was trying to keep them from getting wet?"

I raised an eyebrow at him. He made no sense at all.

"Don't you underst- why whe hell am I explaining myself to you, anyway?" he asked, getting more aggravated with himself than me. 

I let out a small laugh in response. This was the most I'd heard Drake talk in.. well ever. Was he finally beginning to loosen up to me? He was so cute when he was frustrated. Drake? Cute?

He pulled on his black tee and threw himself on his bed. I noticed he was wearing an Of Mice and Men shirt, which was a band I was familiar with only because Max was obsessed with it for about a month before he moved on to something else. I wasn't surprised Drake liked them. They seemed more his style, anyway. I tried to use that as a conversation starter, wanting to continue talking to Drake. Maybe we'd actually become friends.

"Of Mice and Men, huh? I've heard of them befo-"

"Shut up," he snapped without looking at me, not even letting me finish my sentence. I just nodded and looked away from him.

"Okay." Plan failed.

Looks like that's as far as our friendship-building would go tonight. It wasn't good enough, though. I wanted to get to the bottom of this long-term spat him and Collin were going through. I hated seeing Collin looking so glum whenever Drake was around or whenever his name was brought up. And, maybe Drake wouldn't be so anti-social and depressed looking if they fixed their twin issue. It was a win-win situation for the both of them, so what was keeping them from talking?

"Sooo hows your family?" I asked, getting comfortable in my spot on Dusty's bed. I was looking at Drake but his gaze was focused on the tv. He shot me a very confused look, though. 

"Liike Collin," I said, shrugging as if he was the first person that came to my mind. Drake, however, shook his head and turned back to the tv.

"You see him more than I do, ask him."

I sighed. 

"Aren't you interested in how he is?" I pried.

"No."

"Well why not?" I asked, but he stayed quiet.

After a few long moments, I continued, not giving up.