Nudity

“So, you see.. I have to stay over tonight,” I frantically explained to Dusty before first period. He looked extremely lost and confused. 

“..Wait, wait, wait,” he said, holding his hands in the air as if to stop me. He shook his head, looking completely lost.

I sighed and waited for him to speak.

“Okay. Now,” he looked down at me, “Why- after all this time- are you asking me if you can stay over? Wait, no. Not asking-“

“Okay, okay, I get it,” I said, rolling my eyes. Dusty only looked more amused as I did that.

“You look so girly when you do that,” he pointed out, making me want to do it again before I realized that was the reason he was laughing at me. Groaning, I turned away from him and walked inside the classroom.

It was true- I don’t know why I still had to make up some excuse about Chris just to stay over at Dusty’s. He made it clear plenty of times that I can stay over whenever I wanted.

It was the last week of October and Halloween was this Wednesday. Seeing as it was Monday, I had really hoped for as little homework as possible, but who else would have jinxed it but Collin. 

We’re all swamped. Possibly for the rest of our lives.

By the time lunch rolled around, I got to watch Collin and Logan have an eating competition with piles of food they had more than enough money to buy, Drake mope around as per usual and listen to his music, and Dean and Dusty watching the former and encouraging them. Well, Dusty was. Dean was just watching worriedly.

Nigel and Seth weren’t here. Raising an eyebrow at this realization, I turned to look at Dusty, who didn’t seem to be paying attention to anyone but Collin and Logan and their disgusting eating habits. Ugh. Boys.

So instead I turned to Dean, who was already glancing my way.

“Any idea where Seth and Nigel are?” I asked, trying not to seem too interested. Quite honestly, I still felt a little guilty about what happened with Dean so I tried to make it like I truly wasn’t interested in anyone here. Not that it would work, anyways. I was posing as one of them, after all.

Dean just shrugged, but before he could reply, the main doors to the cafeteria were pushed open and a teacher I wasn’t familiar with was dragging the grinning devils themselves inside. 

I groaned, hearing Dean mumble, “Oh, God,” next to me. 

The teacher released them and pointing her finger at them, she threatened them that if they failed to show up to whatever they’d gotten themselves into, the consequences would be much more severe.

Of course. It was like Seth to get into trouble like this. But seeing him getting introuble with Nigel almost made me feel like..

No.

This was stupid.