Friends

Max and I walked around campus for a little bit, exploring. I knew he missed school and regretted dropping out, but he was afraid of graduating high school now. It was way too late for him. What he's happy with now is making sure Mom and I are.  

At about two in the afternoon, he finally decided to leave. We'd been wandering aimlessly for two hours, just looking around. Classes start tomorrow and he knew I needed to prepare both mentally and physically. I had a huge secret to keep to myself and I wasn't going to get caught. I needed this education. This is what I had always wanted. Besides the all boys school thing. That was just uncalled for. Max and I walked around all five of the buildings, making sure I knew where all of my classes were so I wouldn't catch unwanted attention the next day. 

I squeezed the life out of Max as I wrapped my scrawny arms around his torso. It was a quick hug, since I wasn't really a girl anymore. I didn't want to come off as gay then be bullied by all the guys here. Even if it was my brother I was hugging. The last thing I want at this school is to be bullied. I saw it at my old school. I was never picked on, just mostly ignored.

I pulled away, my eyes watering just a little bit. Max chuckled, messing up my hair.

"Now don't get into too much trouble, little man," he joked, putting emphasis on 'man'. It made me crack a grin. He had to joke about that.

"Not to worry, old guy," I teased him back. We said our final goodbyes and he finally left. 

With a sigh, I turned back to look at the giant campus infested with high school boys. It was going to be a long year ahead of me. 

I watched Max pull out of the parking lot and wave at me one more time before driving off. With a sigh, I shoved my hands into my pockets and turned around, heading back towards my dorms. 

The Academy was overflowing by now. Everyone must be here now. It was around five. Dinner was around six o'clock, according to my schedule I'd received this morning. 

I quickly reached my dorm and walked up the stairs. I was in no hurry. Plus I was still kinda taking the place in. It was huge and I was going to be here all year. It made me feel so small, being who I was and all. 

Once I got to my floor, I saw a few guys just opening their doors or casually talking with their friends. They all knew each other. I knew there were bound to be new kids, but not a lot. Except for the freshmen, that is.

When I reached my dorm, I got my keys out. I checked the handle first, in case it was open. It was. I opened the door slowly and walked inside. I shut the door behind me and looked around for Chris. He was seated on the left at one of the desks- the one on the opposite wall of my bed. Why was he at that desk? Wouldn't it be easier for it to be right across from his bed?

"Uh.. Hey," I greeted, kinda awkwardly. I was alone in a room with a guy I didn't know. It was bound to get awkward for me. The TV was on so it would explain why Chris didn't immediately notice me coming in. But once he heard me greet him, he stood up and walked towards me, as if the fifteen feet distance between the two of us was way too far away in hearing distance.

"I've decided.. that I want that bed," he said, casually nodding over at the bed that I had chosen for myself. What? I raised an eyebrow.

"What?" I asked, confusion clear on my face. I saw Chris sigh in annoyence as he looked down at me. With the height difference, he looked very intimidating and.. scary almost.

"I said," he started again, trying to look threatening, which believe me, he did, "that," he pointed at my bed, "is my bed now."

I immediately shot back, "But I chose that bed!" And as soon as those words came flying out of my mouth, I felt myself being slammed against the wall. Chris was holding onto the front of my shirt between his two hands. He'd pushed me against the wall and was holding me in place. It didn't look like a hard job for him, though. It was way too easy to lift me up. I made a loud 'thump' as my back hit the wall.