Forced Chapter 17

Chapter 17: Epilogue, Give Up

-------------------------------------Vlad's POV------------------------------------------

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Curse this damn body!

My uncontrollable reaction had doomed me for sure. His arms rendered me immobile. For the first time in my life, I found my life in the hands of another. It wasn't something I approved of.

"Your love for her shall be the end of you." He smiled in my ear. Something prodded at my suit, in the middle of my stomach. I clenched at his arm around my neck. Every inch of my back seared with pain from he contact of his body. Everywhere that he touched me was scorched!

This can't be right. I won't go down like this!

----------------------------------Victoria's POV--------------------------------------

Time seemed slow, as if to prolong the misery I would no doubt feel in the future.

I struggled to run faster, to reach their mock embracing forms sooner.

The devil slipped out of Vladimir's hold easily then knotted my sibling in a similar hold with only a few exceptions: one arm curled around his neck; the other hand curled around his waist...

                                  clenching a knife.

The vampire prince snatched at the pressure around his neck, trying in vain for freedom. The blade pressed against his gut but did not pierce any fabric or flesh.

Out of all the outcomes, out of everything that could have happened, it had to be the one that I never expected.

His form fell through a fiery ring in the air. A look of murder blazed in his eyes. There was no battle cry-just his topple onto the king.

-------------------------------------Vlad's POV----------------------------------------

Pain sliced along my stomach in the same instant that I felt release from the devil's scorching body. I stumbled forward and gave my temporarily wounded body time to heal. Glancing over my shoulder, my relief turned into surprise and anger.

Surprise because of who it was and the fact that Victoria was making a bee's line towards me.

Anger because of who I had just been rescued by.

Son of a bitch!

"Thought you might want a hand." Azzurcco grunted while wrestling the bastard. He grappled with the devil before him, trying to gain control.

My only response was to grunt. When Victoria reached me, her hands immediately fluttered all around me. "Knock it off!" I snapped and waved her away, shoving a bit when the contact was needed. When she finally gave up, declaring me fine in her ceasing of movement, I ordered, "Don't kill him, Azzurcco."

"Gonna be kind of difficult." He huffed.

A primal and unnatural cry of pain screeched to my ears. Alas, the beast is gone.

"Argo! Traitor!" The whelp screamed.

"I was never really obliged to you." He laughed darkly and tossed a severed head in the chief's direction. Anger and grief twisted his former lord's face.

How he did it was beyond my comprehension. Truly, I didn't really care either. The only thing that mattered was that he did it. His foot swept Azzurcco's off the ground. Grasping him by the nape of the halfling's neck, he gained control. With the skill gifted by years of training, the scum dug his blade deep into Azzurcco's side while still fighting.