Chapter 8: Bonding

Start from the beginning

"I had totally forgotten about this room," Tony chuckles as he looked around. Steve wandered around the room, looking at everything curiously.

Jumping up on my stool, I point at my creation and say, "Here it is." 

Tony walks over, getting quite close making me nervous so I slip off the stool as he starts looking at it. Curiosity lining his features. Steve walks over as well as Tony waves him over. They start talking in hushed voices. I fight my urge to run. I was terrified that they would be angry. Finally, they turn to me and Tony crouches to my level.

"You made that?" He asked as raises his hand. As his hand comes closer, I suddenly see my fathers hand instead. His voice filling my head. I jump back in fright and trip over in my haste to get away. As I land I cry out in pain and I scramble back, my eyes wide with fear. I wrap an arm around my torso, trying to protect myself from the pain.

"P...P...Please, I...I pr..om...m...ise I w...w..won't do it a..a..again. I'll t..t..take it a..a...apart," I plead as I scramble back on my ground, "Just please don't hit me." Panic was shrouding my mind as I back against a wall. My breath coming in short gasps as my airways tighten. My sobbing only making my anxiety worse.

"Alexis," Tony's voice breaks through my panic. "Alexis, I want you to focus on my voice," he soothes. I try my hardest to listen and focus on him as I keep trying to fight the attack.

"No one is going to hurt you. You are safe here." His voice washing over me as I feel the attack calming down. Tears still streaming down my face as I get my first big lung full of air.

"Good girl. Just keep breathing," Tony says softly. I look up and see Tony crouched in front of me with Steve next to him. Concern shadowing both their eyes.

"You okay?" Steve asks softly as my breathing finally evens out. I nod and whisper "I'm sorry."

"It's fine," Tony says, "I get attacks as well."

"You do?" I ask as we all stand up. I ignore their hands to help me up. I'm still not sure about them.

"Yup. Not that often but occasionally," he says as he and Steve walk back over to my engine. I follow them and hop back up on my stool.

"Now did you make this engine?" Tony asks with a smile. I nod slowly.

"Where did you learn to build it?" Steve asks curiously.

" I read a book on engine parts and things and everything just made sense as I put it together," I say softly "I'm not in trouble am I?" I ask timidly, looking down at my hands.

"No sweetheart," Tony reassures me, "would you like to see my workshop?" He asks.

"Workshop?" I ask cautiously.

"I build heaps of things down there. You can come and have a look if you want."

"Ummm," I mull it over in my mind before saying, "alright."

"Great," Tony smiles as he starts walking off.

"Aren't you going?" Steve asks me.

"Oh," I giggle slightly as I jump down and run after Tony. I stop at the doorway and look back at Steve. "Aren't you coming?" I ask.

"Maybe next time," he smiles "now go." He makes a shooing motion with his hand. I smile and run to Tony, who was waiting at the elevator.

"Come on kiddo," he smiles as the door to the elevator opens to reveal Pepper and Nat.

"There you are," Pepper smiles as Tony and I walk into the elevator.

"We are taking you shopping," Nat tells me.

"Shopping?" I ask stunned.

"Yup. We decided that you need some clothes so we are taking you shopping" Pepper smiles. I look at Tony and he shrugs.

"You can come to the workshop after," he smiles.

"I need to change if we go," I say as I press the floor for my room.

"Alright, all the clothes you had in your bag are in your room," Pepper smiles as the doors open letting me off.

"We will be waiting on the ground level," Nat calls after me. I turn around and nod before carrying on to my room. Opening the door, I see my clothes on my bed. I only grabbed a pair of jeans and an extra shirt so they would have to do. I slip into my clothes and go into the bathroom. I gasp as I open the door.

There were a huge bath and shower. I stared at the room for a bit before looking at myself in the mirror. My hair was a mess. I look around for a brush of some kind. I came up with nothing apart from a hair tie. I figured it was better than nothing so I tie up my hair. Decided that it was as good as it was going to get, I run out and slip my shoes on.

Riding the elevator down to the first floor took a very short trip surprisingly. I quickly spot Nat and Pepper due to their red hair as I exit the elevator.

"Let's go shopping" Pepper smiles as we walk out the door. I hope I wasn't going to regret this.

***Another chapter!!! Yay!!! Hope you like this one. Read and Review if you want to :) I only own Alexis, not any other the Avengers or other Marvel characters***