"I'm sorry Howard, but thank you, for bringing me here."

"Don' mention it," he said, waving her off.

He looked over at the sleeping form of Steve and back to Peggy, a wide smile spreading across his face.

"Speakin' of not mentionin' things..." He wiggled his eyebrows at her, nodding at the sleeping super soldier.

Peggy sighed, rolling her eyes.

"Howard-"

"It's alright, Peggy," he assured her, his smile faltering only slightly for a moment when he saw the glare he was getting from her for interrupting her twice within two minutes. "You don' need to explain. You can tell me later when you won't take the pain of your injuries out on me," he laughed nervously, adding a wink for good measure. He shrugged before continuing. "I'm just glad he took my advice, 'cause asking you out woulda terrified me."

She raise her eyebrow at his smirk, looking for an explanation, but he just waved her off.

"That's a story for another time."

A nurse stepped into the cubicle just then, nodding to Howard before getting to work. His eyes followed the nurse with that Stark look, one that she knew too well, causing Peggy to glare at him again. When he caught the Agent's gaze he stopped in his tracks.

"Well, I just came to see how you're doin' Peggy-," he said, with a slightly nervous smile. "-so I'll drop by later and check up on ya."

He smiled once, nodding to the nurse, throwing Peggy a sly wink before stepping out of the cubicle and shutting the curtain.

The nurse set about checking Peggy's vitals as she lay back down. Her white uniform was crisp - impeccably so- and, when combined with her pale skin, made her coffee coloured hair stand out. Each curl was set perfectly, her tight, but groomed bun unmoving as she got to work.

"How're ya feelin', Agent?" The woman asked, her voice high and musical, a Brooklyn twang clinging to her words.

"Well, if I'm honest, bloody awful. I don't think there's a part of my body that doesn't at least ache and my head is throbbing like I had a few too many Gin and Tonics last night," she said with a wince.

The nurse chuckled quietly at her humour, despite her pain.

"Well, I've got some painkillers that should sort that out, but I'd suggest staying away from the Gin for a while."

Peggy went to give the woman a salute, but on realising that both hands were currently indisposed so she settled for a nod.

"Aye aye, Nurse."

"You can call me Nora," the nurse said with a warm smile, handing her some medication.

"And you can call me Peggy."

"Alright Peggy," Nora beamed, her eyes flickering over to Steve, who was still asleep. "Is he finally getting some sleep?"

"Finally?" Peggy asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, he certainly didn't sleep the first two nights-"

"Two night!? Good god! How long have I been here?"

"Well, you came in late Friday night and today is Sunday-"

" Sunday?! Bloody hell!"

"You were pretty out of it, Peggy. You'd been through what must have been a tough mission, so it's understandable. Plus you were on your own, right?"

Peggy nodded as Nora helped her sit up, moving Steve's hand to accommodate her and adjusting the height at which her arm was being held.

"But, I don't understand, I was awake! I talked to Steve!"