Chapter 1

Dean POV

"Dean, this is your partner Chase, one of our finest. I'm sure you've heard of him. He will help you in your mission and also determine if you are able to carry on." The director tells me. A sense of proud rushes through me as I got the partner of a lifetime. I nod my head and look at Chase. He doesn't smile and stands with his arms crossed sizing up me aswell.

"I'm sorry but I thought you said I would be doing this mission alone." Chase tells the director. The hurt hits me but I push it away.

"Things change." The director says.

"No they don't." He spits at the director and walks out. The director sighs.

"I'm sorry... He has a difficult time working with other people." He tells me. I nod my head. "You'll be leaving in an hour go pack everything you need has been delivered to your room." He dismisses me and I walk out. I see Chase standing there.

"Listen here Dean." He says grabbing my collar. "Any bad sign from you and I'll be gone. You seem like a good kid and if I was you I'd fake your death and get out whilst you can." He says and walks off. I frown and walk to my room to pack my things. Chase was considered a legend, as he was one of the oldest agents and had been working for the agency from when he was young. Everyone knew him, but his old partner, Alian, was known more. They had been recruited together, and his partner died in a accident when a bomb exploded. There was rumors that those two dated each other but no one ever found out because Chase was a private man. Alian was said to have had a darker past than most, but was taken in with Chase when he was a gang leader. She died only after three years of working here. I walk to my room passing a few other new recruits, who nod at me in acknowledgment. I open up the door to my room and see a package with my name on it and a suitcase packed with my disguise. I open the package and see a wallet filled with money and an ID, which says: Michael Howards, age 21. I sigh and look at the picture with a slight grimace. Someone knocks on my door making me loose my train of thought.

"It's open!" I shout. The door opens and I turn around to come face to face with another well known agent.

"Hello. I'm Peter." The guy says. I look at him and give a smile,

"I know who you are... I'm Dean." I tell him. He walks in and looks around the room.

"I hear you are going on a mission with Chase, Dean." He states. I nod my head in agreement. "Good. In that case can I ask a favour?" He asks. Before I can answer he continues, "You see Chase hasn't been the same since the death of his partner. However he seems to be hiding something and I want you to find out. I would do it myself but he doesn't trust me." He explains. I frown,

"And I how am I meant to do that?" I ask, he smirks,

"You're a spy. Work it out yourself." He replies. I mentally scold myself but nod my head.

"I'll do it." I tell him. His smirk turns into an almost full grown smile, "but in return I want the favour now."

"I'm listening." He says sounding vaguely intrested so I tell him my plan.

Unknown POV

As I sit in the bar with my eighth or ninth drink, I can't remember, I look around and notice that most people have left. I turn to see the bar tender looking at me worriedly. I pick up my drink and chug it back, enjoying the burning sensation in my throat. I slam the glass back on the bar.

"Another one please!" I call to the bartender, my words sounding slurred. He walks over and takes the glass,

"I think you've had enough and we are closing soon." He tells me. I let out a loud groan.

"How much to shut you up?" I ask. He looks at me seeming quite offended.

"Now excuse me-"

"You're excused." I tell him cutting him off. His face goes red and he walks fast around the bar. He grabs my arm tightly, and had I not been so drunk I would have been able to break free, but my head was spinning and I felt I was going to throw up. He starts to drag me out of the pub but I stuggle to try and get away. On the way out we pass a half empty bottle of beer and I quickly grab it. I take long big sips of it and finish just as he chucks me out. "Harrasment!" I scream to the few passing buyers who either are on their way home from a night out or forgot to put their bins out. The man chucks my arm pushing me away and stumble but manage to gain my footing. The door to the pub slams behind me and I sigh. I smash the beer glass on the ground, "Asshole." I mutter under breath and start the slow walk home.

I end up getting lost three times, but eventually I arrive at the old abandoned building that I've called my home for the past couple of years. I walk in and duck as my safety measure, aims an arrow at my forehead before heading up the stairs careful to not tread on the one that has a bomb under it. I eventually reach my room and sigh. Not bothering to change out of the clothes I've been wearing for the past couple of days again, I flop onto my bed. It stinks but I don't care any more. My eyes start to close and the nightmares of my life start to go over in my head again.