Part 27: playing hard to get?

Chelsea's point of view

About half way through the movie, Justin asked me, 'Chels, why are you so far away?' Whilst looking again at the distance between us.

'Why is it a problem if I sit over here?' I asked. 'Is it because I'm not lying all over you like any other girl would be?' I added.

'No. I was just asking, that's all.' He stated, shifting in his seat.

'I'm not a bad guy.' He said out of the blue.

'What?' I groaned as I was trying to watch the movie.

'I'm not the bad guy you think I am.' He said.

'Yeah yeah I know. You've said before.' I rolled my eyes.

'Why are you playing so hard to get?' He asked. Me? Playing hard to get? I am not!

'I'm not playing hard to get!' I scoffed.

'Then what are you doing?' He asked.

'I'm just not in to you like that.' I shrugged. I looked over at him and he was staring at me with a cheeky grin on his face. 'Stop smiling at me like that. It's creepy.' I said.

'I like you. A lot.' He said.

'I know you've said before.' I said in an obvious tone.

'Why don't you like me?' He asked. I sighed. Did I like him? I mean it did effect me when I saw him with Emily.

'It's just... I.. I don't know.' I sighed heavily.

'What?' He raised his eyebrows.

'We've gone through this before. You play girls. I don't like that you play girls. You said you'll change and maybe I did start liking you but then I saw you with Emily again...' I trailed off and looked at him. He had an amused look on his face.

'So you do like me?' He asked. Shit.

'Never said that.' I defended.

'Yes you did. You said you started liking me.' He smiled. Shit again.

'Well maybe I did but now I don't know.' I said and focused back on the film. Every now and then I caught him glancing in my direction, a silly but adorable smile plastered on his face. Did I really like him?

I woke up the next morning and felt something wrapped around my waist. I looked down and saw an arm covered in tattoos securely gripping on to me. My eyes trailed along the arm and up to the face of who's it was. Justin. Oh no. I must've fallen asleep here last night but why was I lay on top of Justin? I was sat the other end of the couch. Wait. I just slept with Justin but he didn't try and have sex with me, this must be some sort of record for him. Shit, my parents must be so worried, I didn't text or call them or anything.

I tried to break free of Justin's grip but he held on to me tighter.

'Justin.' I said and his grip tightened. 'I know you're awake. Let go.' I saw a smile form on his lips as he shook his head. 'Justin, seriously. I need to get my phone.' I said.

'I like it here though.' He moaned, his sleepy voice, deep and husky and oh shit it was so hot.

I got out of his grip and went in to my bag which was in the hallway and found my phone. I had a few texts and missed calls off my mom. I can't tell her I stayed at Justin's, she'll think we're together and my dad will freak out. I decided to ring her and say I had gone round to holly's and ended up falling asleep watching a movie. It wasn't a complete lie anyway. After my mom had calmed down, I hung up and went back in to the living room and saw Justin still lay down, wiping his face with his hands.

'What time is it?' He asked.

I looked at my phone, '7:15.' I told him.

'You gonna get ready for school?' I asked him. Then I remembered that I had no other clothes or anything with me and I didn't have time to go home to get any. Looks like I'll be wearing what I wore yesterday, oh god what are people going to think.

'Or we could just stay here?' He said.

'Nice try. Get up.' I threw a pillow at him and he groaned.

'Fine, I'm up.' He rolled off the couch and stood up, stretching his arms, showing off his strong muscles and toned abs.

'What you doing about clothes?' He asked.

'I'll have to wear these.' I said. Luckily, I kept a hair brush and make up in my bag so I still had time to try and look somewhat decent.

'Do you wanna borrow a jacket or something?' He asked, heading upstairs. Oh yeah, people are already gonna think somethings going on when I turn up to school in the clothes I wore yesterday, why not add his jacket to it? I thought.

'No thanks.' I shouted back and took my bag upstairs and in to the bathroom to start getting sort of ready.