Part 1: this is not fair

Hey guys, this is my first story, so I am sorry if it absolutely sucks. But I hope you enjoy reading it and please vote/comment/recommend it to others if you do like it ☺️

Chelsea's point of view

'CHELSEA!!!!' I heard my mom scream from downstairs. I rolled over and checked my alarm clock: 9:30am. Urgh!! It's the last day of summer, I need to sleep before I go back to school tomorrow, why is she trying to deprive me of that? I rolled back over and stuffed my face in my pillow. 'CHELSEA!! Come downstairs!!' I heard her scream once again. For fucks sake. I groaned and dragged myself out of my bed with the little energy I had. Grabbing my oversized hoody, I pulled it on over my cami and shorts that I had slept in and left my hair in the messy bun from the night before and slumped down the stairs.

'What? What could be so important that you have to wake me up at this ridiculous time to tell me?' I groaned as I sat down half asleep at the dining table in the kitchen opposite my dad who was drinking his coffee.

'Good morning to you too.' He joked. I just lay my head on the table when I heard my mom pull out a chair next to my dad.

'Chels, you know me and your dad have... Chelsea are you listening?!' My mom snapped at me. I shot my head up and looked at her.

'You and dad have...' I trailed off, signalling for her to continue.

'Me and your dad have been telling you for the past few weeks that we have a surprise, we just couldn't tell you what it was yet, do you remember?' I nodded. 'Well, it's time to tell you what that surprise is. Your dad has been promoted at work to head of the company.'

'Congrats.' I said to my dad. 'How is that a surprise?'

'Well,' my mom continued. 'It means we have to move to where the company originally started which is LA, we're moving to LA, Chels.'

My eyes widened. 'What?!' I shrieked. 'What about school? What about my friends? Our family?' I know I sound pathetic and most people would love to move LA, but I love it here in Miami. I've grew up here, all my close friends and family are here and senior year was supposed to be the year of me and my best friend.

'Oh honey, you'll make new friends in LA and graduate with them and our family will come visit us.' She smiled. I sighed. There was no use arguing with her. This has been planned for weeks and there's no way they'd change their mind just because I said so.

'When do we leave?' I asked.

'Tomorrow. The flights at 6, so straight from school we're going to the airport. So you can say goodbye at school. Now go upstairs and start packing. You only need to pack clothes and other necessities like that and things you want to take with you.' My dad informed me. What the fuck? We're leaving in two days?! I only have tomorrow to say goodbye to my friends! This is not fair!

I moaned and made my way back upstairs. Guess I better start packing. I found my suitcases and started filling them with my clothes, accessories, shoes and any items that I need to take with me. You know sentimental things and necessary things but made sure to leave a few outfits out for school tomorrow and for the plane ride to LA. Once I was almost done, it was already 12pm. I grabbed my phone and texted my best friend, Maya, who was currently on holiday.

Me: hey maya, when do you get back from New York? 💖

Maya👯: hey, not till later tonight why? 💖

Me: I miss you and I have news to tell you tomorrow. Bad news 😞💖

Maya👯: aww I miss you too. And oh no, what's up? 💖

Me: I'll tell you tomorrow. I want to do it in person 💖

Maya👯: ok, well I have to go. Ill speak to you tomorrow 💖

I'm going to miss maya so much when I move. I can't believe my parents just sprung this on me out of nowhere. As I was wallowing in my sadness, there was a knock at the door.

'Chels, get dressed. We're going out for something to eat.' My mom said poking her head round the door. I moaned again. I wasn't in the mood but I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth and combed through the mess that I call hair before throwing it in a high pony tail and pulling on some denim shorts and a burgundy colour top with burgundy converse. I met my parents outside who were already in the car waiting for me and we drove to get some lunch at one of our favourites places for most likely the last time.