Chapter 6 : Sleepover

Stretching aching muscles from sleeping on the couch, I rolled over to look at my phone.

"Morning sweetie" Mark spoke, sitting down at the table across from me with a bowl of cereal, untouched.

"Good morning" I whispered in response, voice laced with sleep. He handed me the cereal and a cold metal spoon, causing me to wake faster when he playfully pressed it against my cheek. "Hey!"

"Anyway" he laughed softly, "Jack and I are filming for quite a lot of the day today and will be out tonight for a little while. I was wondering if you'd like to invite a friend over? Maybe Emily?"

"Alrighty, I can do that."

"Okay love, I'll check in with you a big later" He squeezed my shoulder playfully and went upstairs. I soon sent a text to Emily, cleaning up my cereal in the process.

Emmi 💍

Hey wanna come over for a sleepover?

Sure! What time?

7pm?

That's good, can I bring my dogs Meatball and Sienna? I'm sorry to ask, I'm meant to be watching them :P

Sure! :3

Okay, see you then! Do you need me to bring anything? :)

Some pillows would be great, I'll see you soon!

Okie, bai!

Bai! :D

I had already checked with Mark and Jack in between texts, especially about the dogs, and they said it was alright.

I was thinking, back to when I met Emily. She lived at the local facility for misplaced children, with me.

They never dared label it an orphanage.

It was sad to think that she remained there, but she loved her life, unmistakably. I missed her so much when I was locked up. The knock at the door pulled me back to reality.

"Hey Emily!" I squealed, hugging her tightly. She hugged me back and swung me around, seeing she always had been taller than me.

We settled in on our blow up air mattresses, situated in front of the television, the muppets playing as we gossiped and giggled and played card games.

"Hi Emily! It was so rude of me not to greet you, I apologise" Mark's booming voice spoke as he skipped down the last step.

"That's alright Mr Fischbach" Emily replied, almost nervously. She knew that he was Markipler, she was a huge fan, having watched all his videos, but she resisted the urge to fangirl, to keep everything normal.

"Please, call me Mark. Mr Fischbach makes me feel old" He chuckled lightheartedly. "Pizza for dinner, girls?"

"Oooo, yes please!" I giggled in agreement.

"Thanks for dinner Mark" I called out as we opened our pizza boxes. He smiled and gently patted my head playfully as he passed, a second pizza box in his hand. "Come watch with us!" I giggled happily. He smiled easy, head tilting.

"Sorry Han, I'd love too, but Jackaboy and I have to do some editing" he pouted.

"Sure! We can't wait to see it" I agreed, Emily joining my nodding, pizza slice in hand.

"Hey Jackaboy, want some more pizza? We're full from all that popcorn!" I held the box up.

"If that's okay with you.."

"Yeah of course! Take as much as you want" We both smiled.

"Thank you Hannah, and who are you miss?" Jack asked, taking a bite of his slice.

I turned to Emily, who was wide eyed staring at Jack.

"Dude, take a breath" I laughed softly. She inhaled deeply, eyes locked. "Yes, it's Jacksepticeye" I whispered finally, sipping from my soda can.

Jack chuckled lightly at her reaction. "Are you alright?"

"This is Emily, my best friend" I finally spoke got her.

"Lovely to meet you!" Jack giggled, high fiving her, after she began moving again.

She was in full fangirl mode. I couldn't resist as I giggled.

"So do you live in this area Emily?"

"I live at the local...facility for misplaced children" she replied calmly. Jack's face visibly dropped.

"Really?"

"Yeah, Hannah and I met there, and attended the same school, but-" She glanced over at me, seeking permission as if his name was satanic evil. I nodded gently, unfazed. "-Ben pulled her out and locked her away from us." My silence was defeating in my own ears as I remembered.

"You girls should go to bed, it's 11:45" Jack spoke hastily, changing the subject. "Wow, time flies fast!"

"Goodnight Jackaboy, sleep well!"

"Goodnight Jack!"

"Goodnight Hannah! Goodnight Emmi!" he called out, heading upstairs.

"He called me Emmi" Emily said excitedly. I giggled at her expression, before laying on my pillow, both of us a few metres away but still giggling and whispering.

"No but seriously, would you rather feet for hands or hands for feet-"

"Now we're just getting too tired" I chuckled softly, wrapping myself in my warm blanket. "Goodnight Emmi."

"Goodnight Han."

DatOneCat

Emily/Em's page /\
                                 |